Latest post Fri, Feb 7 2014 9:54 AM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 3 2014 2:00 PM

ISISsystem visible in the network after disconnect

Have a question. After disconnecting from AVID Isis Client Manager ISIS system still visible in the network and it's available to work with folders.What the solution without restarting the client's computer? ISIS 7000 4.5.0.Win7.MC 6.5

ISIS still visible even after killing process IsisClientManager.exe in taskmanager.

• Thu, Feb 6 2014 5:02 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 304
    • Points 3,490

Re: ISISsystem visible in the network after disconnect

I see the same behavior here - ISIS 7000 v2.4, win7, MC 6.5.4.1, Interplay PAM 2.5.

I haven't asked avid support about this yet, but I believe it has to do with windows caching login credentials. I also see the same behavior on windows file servers (SMB). The solution has always been a restart to flush credentials, though it might be scriptable with a .bat if you can find the cmd to purge credentials.

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Thu, Feb 6 2014 5:08 PM In reply to

We've seen that here as well, and believe it's due to UNC paths.  We determined that any Workspace the ISIS credentials allow a user to see, can still be seen even if dismounted by ISIS.  We created an ISIS user with limited access, and that prevented specific Workspaces from being visible.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Fri, Feb 7 2014 8:54 AM In reply to

Thank you.This decision came to mind immediatelySmile.We сreated a user with "zero" rights to "reset" the connections.But may be there is another way ?

• Fri, Feb 7 2014 9:54 AM In reply to

This is actually normal behaviour. The computer browser service is running on the isis server and/or some or all of the clients. This service is used to create and update the list of servers/shares that are in the network.

If for security reasons you prefer not to see the shares inside the network then just disable the computer browser service on all machines. This is part of edprep for clients and AFIAK also the ASDT utility for isis but I need to check.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller