Latest post Mon, Jan 27 2014 6:49 PM by victorstan. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 26 2014 1:55 PM

• victorstan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 26 2014
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Angry [:@] Avid MC 7.0.3 Crashes on Loading Screen on Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Hello. I installed the latest MC7 version (7.0.3) and I try run it in trial mode to test the software. Everytime I load the app it crashes on loading screen and sometimes is shows the "Segmentation Fault" in thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0 while sometimes it just crashes without any message. This happens while it's showing the Initialize AVX2 Host on the loading screen.

I have tried the following with no success:

• removing the AVX_2 Plugins folder from Library/Application Support/Avid
    • repairing disk permissions
    • setting the Rear & Write permissions for everyone on the entire partition
    • removing the Avid folders in Users/Shared
    • disabling Digidesign plugins
    • disabling all user installed fonts
    • did a clean install over 5 times already (manually deleted any Avid folders or files from System, Library and god knows where)
    I am running the latest Mountain Lion (10.8.5) on a MacBook Pro 2010 model with full specifications (2.66 i7, 8GB DDR3, Nvidia GT 330M 512 MB). My OS is a fresh clean install from last month. I am attaching the error message. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Sun, Jan 26 2014 4:23 PM In reply to

Re: Avid MC7 Crashes on Loading Screen

victorstan:
    I am running the latest Mountain Lion

When you say "latest" do you mean 10.8.5? and which version of MC 7 specifically? v7.0.3 is the only one qualified to run on OS 10.8.5. I'm not sure if that's part of your problem, but I think it's best to rule out such variables and continue from there.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sun, Jan 26 2014 7:47 PM In reply to

• victorstan
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

As I clearly mentioned in my post that I am using the latest version of Mountain Lion and latest version of MC7, then yes I am referring to 10.8.5 and 7.0.3 since those are the latest versions.

• Sun, Jan 26 2014 8:26 PM In reply to

victorstan:
    As I clearly mentioned in my post that I am using the latest version of Mountain Lion and latest version of MC7, then yes I am referring to 10.8.5 and 7.0.3 since those are the latest versions.

Well, as you clearly can understand, once another version is released your statement of "latest" is incorrect and because these threads can be read for years later in the future, it is always wise to speak in terms of absolutes rather than relative terms such as "newest" "most recent" and "latest"

Also, how am I to know for sure that you are aware which versions are in fact the latest? I have experienced people who believe they are on the newest version, but they are unaware another version was recently released. 

But thank you for clarifying.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

• Sun, Jan 26 2014 8:55 PM In reply to

• victorstan
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Yes I guess you are right, didn't think of that. I updated my initial post to reflect this. Thanks.

• Mon, Jan 27 2014 12:47 AM In reply to

What kind of peripherals do you have connected?

• Mon, Jan 27 2014 2:16 AM In reply to

• victorstan
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

2 firewire HDDs and a usb mouse

• Mon, Jan 27 2014 2:52 PM In reply to

Ok, have you tried launching the software without the drives connected?

• Mon, Jan 27 2014 6:49 PM In reply to

• victorstan
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Yes I did and it still crashes at the same step. I also did another clean install and only selected the core features, no third party plugins, no Izotope, Blue News and all the other crap, just the editing suite. I am going to try and put 6.5.4 back see if that works because it seems that MC7 is not at all friendly with my MBP.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller