Latest post Tue, Jun 16 2015 1:48 AM by TrainerDave. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:47 PM

Error received trying to export Quicktime reference file

On MC 7.0.3

I've been trying to export a Quicktime Reference file (using the Fast Draft option) of a 75 min. sequence. The process hangs at the end and I'm met with this error:

Exception: QTWCloseMovieStorage Failed!

The sequence in question is using DNxHD 36 footage I've transcoded. Upon expecting the reference file it's only 4kb large and isn't recognized by Quicktime. I've tried unistalling and re-installing Quicktime to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Wed, Jan 1 2014 6:03 PM In reply to

Re: Error received trying to export Quicktime reference file

Have you tried exporting half the movie (maybe the first half then try the second half)

Have you tried doing a video and audio mixdown and then doing a QT ref of that?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jan 2 2014 7:00 PM In reply to

At first I just exported the sequence as an .aaf file. I then imported that into After Effects, which seemed to work. Then I went back and did a video and audio mixdown. Exporting an .aaf also worked with the mixdown.

For the heck of it I went back and did a QT ref of the mixdown and that worked. Something about the individual clips in the sequence was something Avid did not like.

• Tue, Jun 16 2015 1:48 AM In reply to

• TrainerDave
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 5 2008
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 181
    • Points 2,310
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Welcome to my world.

This occurs randomly with sequences in my bin.  The real drag is if I then select another sequence to export then Media Composer crashes and I have to use the Windows Task Manager to force it to quit, relaunch it and try again.  I have to say that the second attempt nearly always works.  (weird)  But if I keep exporting I will sometimes get an error telling me that QuickTime is not installed correctly and export will default to AAF whereupon Media Composer freezes up... for a while (a minute or so) but then proceeds to attempt the export anyway.  I will often get the same console error but most of the time the QTRef exports properly.

Irritating

Home: Dell T3500 Win 7 Pro, MC7 with Symphony option Work: HP z820 workstation, 16Gb RAM Media Composer v7 with Symphony option) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller