Latest post Thu, Nov 13 2014 3:49 AM by FCPP. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 22 2013 3:09 AM In reply to

• sasha1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 394
    • Points 5,240

Re: CORE CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE in MC 7.0.2

I just got this error with footage from HDV tape. oddly, I had less trouble than usual in capturing from 2 tapes. with 1 tape I got the whole thing in one shot, and the other required 3 pieces. it played okay but when I assembled the 3 pieces in a sequence I got this error. I used to do a video mixdown with assembled HDV pieces but got an error. transcoding also failed. finally I was able to export (to XDCAM 50), and then that file works in Avid. I think there is definitely a bug in 7.02 regarding HDV.

Avid 1: HP Z420. Quadro 4000, Motu, MC 7.02. Avid 2: Dell T3400 - Core 2 Quad 2.83 - 8GB RAM - Quadro K2000 - Matrox Mini - MC 7.02 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Fri, Nov 29 2013 3:01 PM In reply to

i'm at a standstill. would love to  know if there is a way to digitize in order to minimize the risk of getting these errors. any help at all would be appreciated.... BangingHeadAgainstWall

• Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:10 AM In reply to

• LTedit
    • Not Ranked
    • Toronto
    • Posts 154
    • Points 1,985

I'm having this problem too and it is with transcoded DNx36 footage. Get it for about 20 frames at least once in every 30 minutes of footage. (working with 60+ hours of footage).

• Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:04 PM In reply to

• mschmidt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 4 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

1st post Geeked

Hi Guys,

Basically, same problem here. Today, I exported a 90min QT dnxhd185x mov-file. Then I ama-linked this file for a last check before sending it out. After 15 minutes playback stopped repeatable at the same frame. Error message "HagridBase: Err:0.......Card2:Decode:Pipe2DecoderError"" came up. Copy to other hdd´s showed the same problem. So I tried to transcode / import the file and got the funny "core consistency check failure". I am scared whether my QT is somehow corrupt but I can play and convert it without any problem in QTProPlayer and DaVinciResolve.

Win7, i73830k, NitrisBob, MC 7.0.2, Geforce Titan, 32gbRAM.

• Wed, Feb 5 2014 8:32 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

mschmidt:

1st post Geeked

Hi Guys,

Basically, same problem here. Today, I exported a 90min QT dnxhd185x mov-file.

Welcome here, it´s always a first post.

Was that a customized export or a Same as Source

What happens if you do a video mixdown to the codec you want ( = 185 x in this case ) replace on the sequense ( on a copy of the sequense ) and export Same as Source

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, May 12 2014 4:51 PM In reply to

This problem is happening in my location on Media Composer 7.0.3. We just did fresh images of all our HP Z800 and Z820 workstations and upgraded our ISIS core. Editors are looking at files that existed in Interplay/ISIS and worked fine under Media Composer 6.0. Now all of the sudden, MC will stop playing on certain spots and display "LongGOPDecodeState::Execute() CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?!: [2]"

If I attempt to play anything else, the system keeps displaying CORE CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE in the bottom left of the monitor. I have to quit Media Composer and start it again to return to normal behavior.

I have identified repeatable points where these errors pop up, which points to corrupt media, however before our system changes, these clips were behaving perfectly fine (ingested to ISIS in November 2012). The only thing I can imagine would have happened is corruption during redistribution? We added an ISIS crate for more storage during our system upgrades.

The clips in question were delivered to us as XDCAM 50 OP1a MXF files. We use Masstech Topaz for transcode and Interplay check-in via web services. Perhaps tolerances have changed and the system is more stringent on these transcodes?

If anyone has suggestions on what might be happening here, they would be appreciated.

Derek

Media Composer 7.0.4 (on HP Z800 and Z820 workstations), Interplay 3.0.7 with ISIS (Storage Manager 4.6.1), AirSpeed MultiStream 5000 2.7.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 16 2014 1:44 PM In reply to

• Luxgap
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 68
    • Points 890

Same problem here, any new insight on this?

Z800 Dual Xeon 5530, 24gigs Ram, Windows 7 Pro 64Bit, NVIDIA Quadro 2000, AMC 7.03 MATROX MXO2MINI. Asus G75VW AMC 6.5 WX8400, 8 GIGS Ram, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 22 2014 9:31 PM In reply to

• Luxgap
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 68
    • Points 890

Same problem here, any new insight on this?

Z800 Dual Xeon 5530, 24gigs Ram, Windows 7 Pro 64Bit, NVIDIA Quadro 2000, AMC 7.03 MATROX MXO2MINI. Asus G75VW AMC 6.5 WX8400, 8 GIGS Ram, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 16 2014 1:11 AM In reply to

• Harry Invision
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 3 2010
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 93
    • Points 1,125

Just upgraded to 8 same problem with XDCAM 50 25P MXF OP1, MP4s encoded in Adobe Media Encoder, saves time.

All had been working fine looking at each clip seperately to see if corrupt. Checking these clips on Sym 6.0.5 as well...seems ok.

After restarts it's very intermittent...

Media Comoposer 2018.4 + Symphony DX Nitris HP Z840 E5-2659 Quadro P4000 32Gb of Ram Win 10 64bit 64TB Editshare 16TB Internal Raid [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 17 2014 9:22 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Make sure you are using the correct AMA plug - mxf has multiple plugs so switch off auto and manually select the correct AMA plug in - may work, may not but worth a try.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Wed, Jul 23 2014 1:44 PM In reply to

• Trash-TV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 15 2013
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

Adman:
    Nevertheless, I have sent the current issue up the pike to Avid techs...

Hello Adman

did the techs answer yet?

MC 7.0.4 on Mac with HDV media via AMA plugin
    worked from project #001 to #109 perfectly.
    Now on #110 -> crashing constanlty.

Various errors:

a. Execption:std: exception, what: "Segmentation fault in thread

or

b. LongGOPDecodeState::Execute() CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILURE !?! : [2]

Yes, it must be a corrupt clip. I found which one it is. But what shall I do?
    I can not deliver my project without this special clip...
    Now, let's try to link again to AMA. I wiill tell you, if it helped.

Furthermore:

Waiting on startup during
    Initializing Media Stems Manager
    takes 7-10 Minutes. 

Please,

can somebody help?

Thank You.

Violet.

• Wed, Jul 23 2014 3:56 PM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Violet - can you tell us a bit more about your source media? Is it in a Quicktime wrapper?

With your startup delay it may be the bad media on your drive that is the problem - try hiding #110 clip from Avid.

To get around it I would try to transcode the suspect clip in a 3rd party program like Sorenson to DNxHD Quicktime at the same raster and framerate and relink the file. Often other programs will be more tolerant of corruption in the MPEG stream - because Avid needs to playback the media in realtime it has to decode every frame.

Also a program like MPEG streamclip maybe able to detect and correct MPEG errors

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Mon, Jul 28 2014 10:12 AM In reply to

• Trash-TV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 15 2013
    • Posts 7
    • Points 105

Hi all you readers
    Hello Mondo

hoping you had a great and summerly weekend.

Thank you for your fast reply.
    Sometimes an answer is so obvious, one asks oneself: "Of course. Why not work it the easy way round."

The suspect clip is linked via AMA. It is an XDCAM EX codec. But all the other "brothers and sisters" of this clip are working.
    I will try to transcode this clip in a 3r party program and answer if it worked.

Bye
    Violet

• Thu, Nov 13 2014 3:49 AM In reply to

• FCPP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 16 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

I'm having the same issue with some AMA linked Canon C300 material. However, on an aparently identical machine it works perfectly (Win7 Avid 7.0.4)

I've done a complete fresh install of Avid7 (with Symp) nad the Canon plugin  and while I can import the clips ok a few clips in the project always fail with the CORE CONSISTENCY error

My other editor on his own machine (he has 32 GB RAM I have 16GB) and all clips play perfectly.

Any Ideas?

David FCPP Melbourne Au

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller