Latest post Sun, Jan 26 2014 4:05 AM by Scott Freeman. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 24 2013 6:50 PM

• Drew Layman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 17 2013
    • Lousiville KY
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Problems exporting OMF from Avid

So what i'm trying to do is get my sequence, 1 video track and 4 audio tracks, out of avid to Adobe Audition. This sequence is about 8 mins long. I've done this in the past without any problem but all of a sudden i'm experiencing all these errors about exceding 2gb limit among other errors that i can't remember off the top of my head. I've been fooling with this for hours and am super frustrated! 

What my process is going to the format tab, making my project SD (so i can export an OMF), selecting my sequence, going to export, select options --->consolidate media, audio only, embend in OMF -- thats pretty much it i guess. I says its going to export OMF.2 and i hit save, and it starts. 

Then the error! after a few seconds it stops and says it goes over the 2gb limit and cancels. It populates my bin with all sorts of new audio and video files, which i don't understand why, i start all over... 

Please help. This is driving me up the wall. Thanks for your time!!

Late 2013 Mac Pro Processor: 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 Memory: 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC Graphics: AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB Software: OS X 10.9.2 Avid... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 24 2013 8:13 PM In reply to

Re: Problems exporting OMF from Avid

I would try the following. It has always worked for me

Duplicate your Final seqeunce to a new bin
    Delete all video tracks from this duplicate sequence.
    Change the Project type to SD
    Consolidate this audio only Sequence (with handles) and let Avid make a new sequence in the process.

FWIW For my own media management I set my boot drive as the my Media drive for the consolidate (Before the consolidate my boot drive has no OMFI MediaFiles or Avid MediaFiles folders on it)

Export the already Consolidated sequence as OMF  embedded media with handles (do not consolidate in this process)

Please make Enter Slip and Enter Slide mode selection available for mapping (to buttons or KB) via the Command Palette.

• Thu, Oct 24 2013 9:42 PM In reply to

I've discovered in the past that asking Avid to consolidate for an AAF or OMF export seems to produce copied rather than consolidated media.

So I now always do as Andrew has suggested and make my audio only sequence and consolidate that first. Then export the OMF as copy media (which is already consolidated)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Multiple systems: Symphony V7.0.3 & Resolve Plus FCP... [view my complete system specs]

Pat Horridge
    Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor, ACSR, Apple Certified Support Professional

Media Composer V8.1 Review

Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online

VET      Production    Editing     Digital Media    Blu-ray    DVD
    T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
    www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square  London N1 6US

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jan 26 2014 4:05 AM In reply to

Hello

I am curious, if you happen to be using Unity Drives. Back in the day, the only way I could export Audio only OMFs was to only have 1 Unity workspace mounted at a time was my solution to this exact problem you are having.  So the process is to first consolidate your audio only sequence to one Unity workspace and then export an OMFI. And then this error would not happen.

- Scott Freeman

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller