Latest post Mon, Aug 13 2018 10:16 AM by luca.mg. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:34 AM

• GGEnron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

Waveforms doesn't show

Hey

I have two Avid MC stations at work here where the audio waveforms suddenly stopped showing. I have checked the usual settings people have suggested from similar problems, but this won't help. Yesterday I had waveforms, without changing any settings or doing anything out of the ordinary they stopped showing.

Here are som print screens:

1. http://i.imgur.com/LbznOF4.png

the "Show Marked Waveforms" is unchecked, as suggested in several threads I've read

2. http://i.imgur.com/PwrgXko.png

the usual settings I activate/deactive as I like to show the waveforms I want. 

3. http://i.imgur.com/2pUq7mr.png

proof that the audio I have on the sequence actually has audio.

This is not a problem for just this specific sequence, other sequences I've worked in earlier that used to have waveforms also stopped showing them, so I have no idea where to go from here.

Any clever minds out there who could help me with this? Is there some setting or whatever I'm missing or forgetting about?

Thanks in advance,

Lasse

• Wed, Oct 16 2013 1:00 PM In reply to

• mBlaze
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 427
    • Points 4,905

Re: Waveforms doesn't show

I was running into the same problem.

I had one timeline setting the was working and another, with similar waveform settings, was not. I tried toggling the settings in the TRACK CONTROL PANEL and the TIMELINE MENU itself - there was no change.

What ended up working was setting the view to DEFAULT under the TIMELINE MENU and then rebuilding the settings. My settings happen to be settings that were built in an earlier version of the software, I'm wondering if they somehow became corrupt and needed to be rebuilt. Once I rebuilt the setting, I used the OPTION modifier to replace the timeline view I had rebuilt.
    Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 on MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]

James Burke
    Video Producer / Editor / Designer
    blog.DVfanatics.com

• Wed, Oct 16 2013 2:24 PM In reply to

• gorky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2005
    • Posts 135
    • Points 1,660

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/120198.aspx

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:24 AM In reply to

• GGEnron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

So according to that thread Cmd+Opt+L worked on a mac. What would that be similar to on a PC? I tried Ctrl+Alt+L, nothing happened.

• Thu, Oct 17 2013 6:55 AM In reply to

• gorky
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2005
    • Posts 135
    • Points 1,660

Have you checked the tracks before that command?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, OSX 10.11.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 3 2015 3:39 PM In reply to

• Kirk Ryad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 2 2008
    • Posts 20
    • Points 290

Wow!! Cmd+Opt+L  worked and solved my problem on Avid 8.4.1

You wrote this post in the past but solved a problem in the far future!

• Sun, Aug 12 2018 2:59 PM In reply to

• spyderrp7
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 28 2011
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

I had the exact same problem. Suddenly one day later waveforms stopped showing in all Projects. It drove me mad. Finally found this forum and it worked. On Windows pressing Ctrl+Alt+L brought the waveforms back. Do you know what this command actually does?

• Mon, Aug 13 2018 10:16 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,442
    • Points 63,775

spyderrp7:
    On Windows pressing Ctrl+Alt+L brought the waveforms back. Do you know what this command actually does?

CTRL-ALT-k CTRL-ALT-l do shrink/enlarge the waveform.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller