Latest post Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:26 AM by Pat Horridge. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 3 2013 1:00 AM

• seanersb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 3 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

HELP!! HOW TO IMPORT GOPRO TIMELAPSE: AVID 7

Hey there.

I'm Just starting out using avid.  So I'm very new to the whole program.  So speak to me like I'm a small child.  I'm trying to import about 500 HD GoPro photos to make a timlapse on Avid.  The individual files a numbered sequentially.  I need the first to last step in doing this and making sure it looks great.  I've searched the web high and low for answers,  but came up short.  I have Avid Media Composer 7 for my Mac Book Pro.  Any suggestions will help.  

Thanks 

Sean

• Thu, Oct 3 2013 6:59 AM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 228
    • Points 2,595

Re: HELP!! HOW TO IMPORT GOPRO TIMELAPSE: AVID 7

Bring then into the QT app then export as a mov.

(can also use aftereffects)

steve

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems MC3 to 6.5 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: 17" MacbookPro (early 2011... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 3 2013 7:36 AM In reply to

Sorry, I'm not at my Avid right now. But I believe you just select Import, select all of the files and be sure the check box next to Detect Sequential Still Images (or similar wording) is selected. You may have to mess with some of the other settings get it to look perfect, but that should get you most of the way there.

Hope that helps!

MC 6.0.5, AvidFX 6.4, BCC 8.2, Squeeze 8.1, QT 7.7.3, Nvidia driver 310.90, Window 7 Professional 64-bit SP1, IE9. Quadro 2000 and 600 videocards (three... [view my complete system specs]

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:35 AM In reply to

Hi Sean,

Here are detailed instructions:

1. Right-click in the bin you want your photos to go to.

2. Select Import.

3. In the Select files to Import dialog box, select Options.

4. In the Import Options box check the following options:

Image sized for current format (this assumes the frame size of your photos matches the frame size of your project.  In other words, this setting assumes you're working in a 1920x1080 project, and have 1920x1080 photos, for example.  If that's not the case, tell us what type of project you're working in and what size the photos are, and we can tell you which setting to use.)

601 SD or 709 HD (16-235).

Ordered for current format.

Ignore.

Autodetect Sequentially-Numbered Files (this one is important.  If you check it, you'll get one long clip made out of your timelapse photos.  If you don't check it, you'll get each photo as an individual item.)

5. Click OK.

6. In the Select files to Import box, select your photos.

7. Click Open.

This should result in one clip in your bin made up of each of your photos for one frame.  Hope that helps.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer | Software (8.0) w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:26 AM In reply to

And if you need to change the duration of that onenew timelapse clip just use a speed change.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Multiple systems: Symphony V7.0.3 & Resolve Plus FCP... [view my complete system specs]

Pat Horridge
    Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor, ACSR, Apple Certified Support Professional 10.6

Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online

VET      Production    Editing     Digital Media    Blu-ray    DVD
    T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
    www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square  London N1 6US

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller