Latest post Mon, Jan 6 2014 3:29 PM by Jakub V. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:38 AM

Possible to make "Background Queue" available online or share over a network?

Hey guys...

So I've been using the run in background option while transcoding media with Media Composer 7.

I like that the transcode progress can be displayed as a webpage by selecting "Open Background Queue" from the Avid Editor Services menu drop-down.

My web browser opens the address: http://localhost:8185/layout/av-progress-monitor

Is it possible to make this page available online or via a network so that it can be checked remotely on another computer/ipad/iphone etc?

Hope I'm posting in the correct sub-forum...

Thanks!

• Tue, Sep 10 2013 2:04 PM In reply to

• Jens Hoppe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 21 2011
    • Frankfurt, Germany
    • Posts 64
    • Points 755
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Re: Possible to make "Background Queue" available online or share over a network?

Hi,

just tried: Simply replace the word "localhost" in the adress line by the TCP-IP-number of the computer to be monitored. It has to be on the same subnet, of course. This does work if you use another computer where Media Composer 7 is installed. On a non-Avid-computer there are ressources missing as an error-message indicates. No idea which ressources or if it's simply the correct JAVA-version. Not tested on iOS devices. Simply try!

Jens

MacPro, MBP, Z400, Z420, Z820, MN5, ISIS5000, Interplay... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:50 AM In reply to

Re: Possible to make "Background Queue" available online or share over a network?

Thanks Jens!

Will definitely give it a try!

It would be great if it were accesible via iOS, but just on a remote browser is a great first step!

• Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:41 AM In reply to

• Jens Hoppe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 21 2011
    • Frankfurt, Germany
    • Posts 64
    • Points 755
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Hi again,

YES - it works on iPad and iPhone. Just tried. Takes a while to open, but it opens...

the syntax for all is:

http://nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:8185/layout/av-progress-monitor or

nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:8185/layout/av-progress-monitor

where "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn" is the IP-adress of the system to be monitored (or name if your network can resolve it).

have fun!

Jens

MacPro, MBP, Z400, Z420, Z820, MN5, ISIS5000, Interplay... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:13 AM In reply to

I got the page to open on my ipad but it was just a blank page.

No transcode progress information... Hmmm

Will have to investigate in the morning.

• Mon, Jan 6 2014 3:29 PM In reply to

• Jakub V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 24 2012
    • Prague
    • Posts 17
    • Points 165

Easiest way to monitor whats going on on your computer is to use any kind of remote desktop.. I use TeamViewer for example. You can see everything on any online computer or smartphone/iphone and can even control everythning...

Media Composer 8.8.1, Win7 SP 1 HP Z210 Workstation - Intel Xeon CPU E31240 3.30GHz, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M2000, Realtek High Definition Audio, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller