Latest post Wed, Mar 21 2018 2:56 PM by Aren Hansen. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 6 2013 12:52 PM

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 26 2013
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

Customize MARKERS Window

Hi dear people,

I miss the headings in the markers window and also the possibility to change the order of the columns.

Reason: I basically need only the comments and the TC, and as the comments are the 6th column, I waste a lot of space when using the markers window.

Thanks, Bilbo

Teaching: MC Apple or windows, Liquid (until 2 years ago), Premiere, FCP... Also Flash, Director, AE. Using: MC, FCP 7 & X At Home: MC 7.04 interplay... [view my complete system specs]

I love words, even if they make me crazy and are responsible for most of the fights and wars. I don't like these last two. 

• Tue, Aug 6 2013 1:17 PM In reply to

Re: Customize MARKERS Window

+1

about locator window, it would be great that we can save our preference as a setting : each time I start the application, I have to set again "show images" and "disable opo up window when adding". This is the way I like to use markers and it would be great to save that, as we can save everythibg else.

Avid Mediacomposer 6.5.0 Mac/PC with Nitris [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 30 2013 4:53 PM In reply to

• Susi
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 574
    • Points 6,605

+1

Just wasted 20 minutes realising that locators are now called 'markers' in v7 - when did that happen? Gosh, lots of FCP terminology now, but I hope they're not a clunky as FCP markers - I was aching for 'locators' on a recent FCP job!
    Happy editing 

Media Composer 8.6.4 on 15" mid-2012 Macbook Pro (OSX10.11.6) 2.7GHz Intel, 8GB RAM Gizmos: CanonXF200; Canon 550D (DSLR); Hero Go-Pro3 and 4; Sony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 31 2013 9:43 AM In reply to

• SchnittKontor_HH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 30 2006
    • Europe - Germany - Hamburg
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,015

+YesYes

MC /w. Sym 8.9 | AVID Artist | DNxIO | Transport | HP Z820 GEN 1 /Sandy-Bridge, 2x Xeon E5-2687W v1 8-Core 3.1 GHz, 32GB RAM, GUI: Quadro K4200, GPU: 1x... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Aug 31 2013 12:49 PM In reply to

• bilbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, May 26 2013
    • berlin
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,460

Only beeing able to change the width of a column with enlarge or reduce is really absurd.

- We need to be abble to change the order of the columns, choose which headings are visible and of course freely change the width of a column.

- It would be nice to press returm to exit the window and SHIFT-return to pass one line

- It would be nice when you are on a locator in the timeline that the locator in the locator window also becomes selected, in order to know where it stands in relation ship to the other locators.

Beside this there are some mistakes:

- when you have 2 locators, one on V1 and one and A1, if only A1 is seected, pressing delete should delete the locator on V1 instead of A1, but id actually deletes the locator on V1... So you can only delete the locator in the locator window itself.

- the locators window update when you change something is not correct, you will see twice the same locator and have to double click on one so that the window representation on screen is correct.

- locator sounds prettier as marker Smile

I don't understand why the locators window is so primitive... Sad

By the way, can someone give me the link where to post BUGS?

THANKS!

Bilbo

Teaching: MC Apple or windows, Liquid (until 2 years ago), Premiere, FCP... Also Flash, Director, AE. Using: MC, FCP 7 & X At Home: MC 7.04 interplay... [view my complete system specs]

I love words, even if they make me crazy and are responsible for most of the fights and wars. I don't like these last two. 

• Sat, Jan 25 2014 2:53 PM In reply to

• adampaez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 11 2010
    • Posts 65
    • Points 825

+1 Yes

This is one of the things that I cannot believe hasn't been added. The ability to costumize your settings have always been the reason I fell in love with Avid in the first place and this really shouldn't be something that we have to wait too long for. 

And change it back to Locators. I loved that terminology. Markers just gets lost in the mist of tools. 

Adam

• Sat, Jan 25 2014 4:15 PM In reply to

+1

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 9 2015 4:26 PM In reply to

+101. The Markers window should be as customisable as a bin in text view. I just realised how awful it is on a recent edit where I was lacking in monitor space.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Thu, Mar 19 2015 2:16 AM In reply to

+1 

Avid Mediacomposer 6.5.0 Mac/PC with Nitris [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jun 28 2015 6:43 PM In reply to

second this! But I did just learn that you can use the keyboard to change the size of marker columns, including making the comments column as long as you want! On a mac it's option/K option/L. Or is is command? One or the other...

• Mon, Jun 29 2015 9:57 AM In reply to

Command+ L or K but it doesn't stick. And I want to move the columns and entirely hide some. Also, I just discovered the following additional irritation: On Media Composer (Mac) usuually pressing 'Return' takes the cursor down to the next cell (in a bin, say). Pressing 'Enter' on numeric keypad stops the editing of the current cell and does not move the cursor. In the main Markers window (where theyare all listed), this does not work so you have to hit Enter then Escape to avoid inadvertently changing the text in the next marker. Dumb.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.11.6 with Symphony 8.10., BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.12.5 with MC 8.10 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Thu, Jul 16 2015 11:28 PM In reply to

• John Adams
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 23 2013
    • Vancouver, BC
    • Posts 59
    • Points 670

+1!!!!

Avid is riddled with these inconsistencies and oversights. It's UI needs a proper housecleaning. 

• Wed, Jul 22 2015 2:00 PM In reply to

• johnsyhk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 2 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Over year and nothing changes. OMG. It seems that more than their capacity. Is it too hard understanding, that the first we need is fast and stable application? Application that does not change from day to day. We working on it for years, every one have own habbits, and knowledge of interface, fluency tools - it's very importand things in our work = don't need new options instead old, and give us possibility to turn them off. I begin to think, maybe that team working on all usless eye candys (such as markeplace, smart tools, etc) need a proper houseclening.

• Mon, Aug 3 2015 1:23 PM In reply to

• GGEnron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2012
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

In three days it's been exactly 2 years since this thread was opened, and they still haven't solved this? Somewhat incredible, I'm not even mad. 

• Mon, Aug 3 2015 1:31 PM In reply to

Let's face it, markers are not a cool feature but improvements would really help productivity. Is this more important than improving playback performance with linked files? Don't answer that!

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller