Latest post Mon, Mar 13 2006 10:47 PM by mark.burton. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 13 2006 7:10 PM

• Neil Sadwelkar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 13 2006
    • Mumbai, India
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Film in PAL in XPress Pro Mac

I know I could ascertain this from reading the "brochure material" but just want to be hear from someone who's done it before laying down the cash.

Has anyone successfully cut a film project with XPress Pro in PAL?
    Meaning shoot at 24 fps, telecine at 25 fps, capture into XPPro and work on a 24 timeline, make a cut list in Filmscribe and a 25 fps EDL for DI in EDL manager?

All this with DVCAM as source, capture via Firewire, sound as BWF, telecine logs, the usual stuff.

I guess Mojo is necessasy for this.

In short, in a pinch, if a Film Composer wasn't available, how tough would it be to cut a film (in PAL) on XPP.
    Neil from Mumbai
  • Mon, Mar 13 2006 10:47 PM In reply to

• mark.burton
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 902
    • Points 10,990

Re: Film in PAL in XPress Pro Mac

Hi Neil,

Yes, yes and yes! I've done it on the Mac and PC version - the PC version being slightly better as full Digital Cut support is included in PAL 24p projects, but there are ways around this in the Mac version - a small trick to enable DC in PAL 24p projects on the Mac.

Personally I've no intention of going back to a FilmComposer - all the sasme features and film tech have been incorporated into Xpress Pro at this point, plus the newer versions of FilmScribe are certainly an improvment.

Mojo is absolutly necesary. As you are bringing audio in from BWF and picture from DVCAM you're in a very good possition to use Xpress Pro.

Best
    Mark
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller