Latest post Tue, Dec 23 2014 4:06 AM by Marcus Johnson. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 10 2013 3:10 PM

• NewBlueFX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 27 2010
    • Posts 32
    • Points 620
    • Avid Authorized Developer - AVX

Getting Started with NewBlue Titler Pro in Media Composer (Part 3 of 3)

In this tutorial, Travis White from NewBlueFX continues showing us how to get started using Titler Pro in Media Composer 7.

• Wed, Oct 9 2013 6:21 AM In reply to

Re: Getting Started with NewBlue Titler Pro in Media Composer (Part 3 of 3)

Thank you, Travis. Nicely done!

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 22 2014 3:39 AM In reply to

I can't figure out how to open NewBlue... whenever I go to title tool it's just the same old regular one I always use with Avid, and in this tutorial when you click the effects editor at the beginning it says "New Blue" at the top and gives you the option whereas mine don't. On my Avid Apps thing it says I have "Current" with a check mark next to it besides the "New Blue Titler Tool" app, so I'm guessing I have it installed and downlaoded right?

Anyone know how to do this? 

AVID 8.3.0, Macbook Pro Retina - Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, Software OS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 22 2014 5:07 AM In reply to

• carlgmi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Western Australia
    • Posts 754
    • Points 9,330

Maybe.

First thing is that New Blue launches from the effect palette and is a plugin you drag onto the timeline.  Unfortunately is isn't incorporated into the dropdown "add title" where Titler and Marquee sit.  I think you already know this. Feature request anyone - customise that "Add Title" dropdown

Second, there should be a New Blue Titler listed in the Effects Palette.  If it isn't there I suspect you haven't installed it.  Your App manager might be telling you what you have subscribed to and available not what is installed.  If so, look and see where the download item is and download it and run it.  I dont think it automatically installs when you install Avid, you have to add it.

Good luck!

MC8.10 Win 7 64 with Dongle, Dual 10 core Xeon, Quadro K4000, Adaptec RAID 5-8x3TB, External TB2 4x3TB, 64G RAM, BM Intensity Pro 4K. NewBlue Titler 6... [view my complete system specs]

Vote 1 - Dongles.

UME an old engine, now with 4K, mags and furry dice....

• Tue, Dec 23 2014 4:06 AM In reply to

Hi James,

What Carl stated about Titler Pro is accurate. Let me know if you're still having issues after following his suggestions, I'd be happy to help!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller