Latest post Thu, May 9 2013 4:55 PM by Larry Rubin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 9 2013 10:37 AM

• hazzabazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 9 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35

Avid Play Back

System:

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX740.html

OS Windows 7 (But can right click avid and make it run under any previous OS inluding it SP)

64 bit

Hi all,

I get a message saying "Your video card either does not support playback or it needs more memory"

Is it really because of my Graphics card? or can I install a driver?, A codec problem? or any other way for the system to playback video? Please help.

Note:

The software runs fine and I can even hear audio.

I have the latest quicktime (Not Pro)

Thanks!

• Thu, May 9 2013 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Play Back

hazzabazza:
    Is it really because of my Graphics card? or can I install a driver?, A codec problem? or any other way for the system to playback video? Please help.

Well, we can't advise you if we don't know what graphics card you have, or anything else about your system other than "OS Windows 7". Specifically, that needs to be "W7 Professional 64". Please take the time to fill out your system specifications. Click on your name, then "edit my profile", then "profile options" to get to the appropriate text field. Your specs will then be a permanent part of every post you make.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, May 9 2013 10:57 AM In reply to

Moving this to the Media Composer PC Forum.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, May 9 2013 3:19 PM In reply to

Also, check your computer specs against the Media Composer system requirements and version matrix.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, May 9 2013 4:55 PM In reply to

Please DO NOT create any duplicate threads for this issue and please follow my instructions from my two previous posts. We need that information to help you further. Also, be advised that the Vista OS is NOT QUALIFIED for version 6.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller