Latest post Mon, Apr 29 2013 12:22 PM by Baklap. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 28 2013 5:44 AM

• hatsuba
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 30 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80

import dvd without sound

Hello.

i have m.c 6.5. i try to import dvd through a digital videocassette recorder.

i attach the dvd to the device and from him to the computer i attach with fire wire.

when i worked with the avid ex i didnt have any problem to import dvd with sound.

now when i try i get picture with out sound. do you know why?

itai

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Apr 29 2013 3:49 AM In reply to

Re: import dvd without sound

I'm not sure why it's not working, but I would recommend using something like MPEG StreamClip to rip the DVD into QT file that you can just import into Avid. 

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Apr 29 2013 12:22 PM In reply to

• Baklap
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Hilversum - The Netherlands
    • Posts 6,944
    • Points 82,400
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro PC

Re: import dvd without sound

i agree with the rip and import suggestion! But you might want to check if the sample rate is setup properly ie: 32 vs 48 on the firewire device.

Menno

35+ MC's - 224TB Isis - 2.2 PB Spectra T950 - Interplay - 2 Media Central's - 3 TM's - 2 STP's - 500 TB Isilon - 2 Vantage - MOG SPeedrail... [view my complete system specs]

Twitter Account

"If you do what you did you will get what you got!"

My Keys

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller