Latest post Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:05 AM by Larry Rubin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:17 PM

• marinstesh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 3 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Avid Trial Version Error

Dear AVID Community,

I am currently on set and unfortunately under time pressure...the plan was to work with the Avid Trial Version, however the installation didn't work. The installation seemed to go well without a problem - at the end, I restarted the computer as requested. When it had restarted, Avid created an icon on the desktop to the program. When I open the program, however, a window appears asking to 'configure Avid DX Hardware'. When I agree, it does something for about 3 minutes and then opens an Avid screen with the error message: 'unable to find the program data directory. the program will now close.' This happens every time I try to open the program...

I am working on a PC with Windows 7. I checked the system requirements and they are all met...this 6.5 trial version is the first version of Avid that was installed on this computer...does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? Any help would be much apprechiated! Unlike usually, google was not able to solve my problem...

Avid 8.4 | Windows 8 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 4.99 GHz Intel Core i7-4790K | 24Gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:22 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Trial Version Error

marinstesh:
    When I open the program, however, a window appears asking to 'configure Avid DX Hardware'.

If you have no Mojo DX or Nitris DX I/O harware box in your system, you should be able to just cancel out of that window and the launch should continue. In fact, with no additional hardware, you shouldn't be getting that prompt at all.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:28 AM In reply to

• marinstesh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 3 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Luckily, we were able to sort out the problem. It was a silly mistake - we were trying to install the program under a guest account, figuring that since we had to type in the admin password to approve the installation, this shouldn't be a problem. Turns out, everything worked out fine when we installed it under the admin account instead!

Thank you anyway, Larry Rubin!

Avid 8.4 | Windows 8 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 4.99 GHz Intel Core i7-4790K | 24Gb RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:05 AM In reply to

You're quite welcome. And as a heads up to everyone, installation of Avid software requires that the loaded user profile be at administrator level.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller