Latest post Thu, Mar 21 2013 2:13 PM by conleec. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 21 2013 1:39 PM

• apeshake
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 20 2013
    • Posts 8
    • Points 110

Feature request: shift+scroll to navigate timeline view (not playhead)

Since moving from primarily FCP to primarily Avid editing i've been missing the speed of timeline navigation in FCP, the main reason being the lack of the shift+scroll control and the fact that there seem to be very few ways to navigate the timeline without taking the playhead with you.

I would love to have the shift+scroll ability in avid and I don't think shift+scroll is currently used for anything(?). (This would save all those precious moments i spend moving the curser to the scroll bar then back to the timeline again!). So if you hold shift and scroll up on the mouse the timeline view would scroll left (towards the top of the timeline), while scrolling down would scroll the view right.

As a secondary request it would be great to have a way of paging forwards+backwards the timeline view without moving the playhead (obviously without breaking the current pgUp/pgDwn control)

I think both these features would speed up navigating long timelines

thanks,

joe

Filed under: , , ,
  • Thu, Mar 21 2013 2:13 PM In reply to

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,315
    • Points 17,020

Re: Feature request: shift+scroll to navigate timeline view (not playhead)

I agree that some form of timeline navigation similar to FCP 7 would be useful; it's the one feature I actually like in FCP when I have to use it.

Chris

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.12.2, MC 8.8.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller