Latest post Wed, May 22 2013 1:47 AM by John R. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:38 PM

How to embed a "Clickable Link" in your forum posts

If you're going to include a web-link (URL) as part of your post, you can also make it "clickable".  This saves the reader time, as they will not have to cut & paste your link to get to your referenced web page.  The clickable text can be anything you want.  It can be the same link you're referencing, or it can be a more meaning full text string.

For this example, I'll provide a link to Media Composer System Requirements.  <=== Click here tio test.

1) Type your preferred text and highlight it:

2. Click on the "Link" icon:

3. The Link dialog box will open:

4. Navigate to the web-page you want to reference and "Copy" the URL from the address bar in the browser:

5. Paste the URL into the "Link URL" box:

6. Set the Target.  Typically, just press TAB and Down Arrow twice (opens link into a new window).  Optionally, add a Title.  This will become like a Tool Tip when the reader hovers over it:

7. Click "Insert.  You're done.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, May 22 2013 1:47 AM In reply to

• John R
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 13 2013
    • Posts 16
    • Points 210

Re: How to embed a "Clickable Link" in your forum posts

Cool! Thanks for sharing this detailed post on how to make links possibe. I didn't know it's that easy because I'm not very familiar with all the symbols when writing something. Nor do I know that we have to highlight them first if we are to make it a link.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller