Latest post Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:14 PM by Hamada Hanoura. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:52 PM

• Cecille
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 4 2013
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Problems Linking to AMA Volume and Importing

I am not able to link to AMA Volume or importing files. I have the right plugins and my mac is OS X 10.8.2 (12C60) which should be good enough. Really cannot figure this out. I have a midterm this week with this software and it isn't working. Anybody know a solution to this problem?

• Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:20 PM In reply to

Re: Problems Linking to AMA Volume and Importing

You should be able to use "Link to AMA volume..." and target the folder at the root level of your media drive or card. Also, depending on what format your original source is, you will need to download and install the appropriate Avid AMA plugin from here.

Newscutter Nitris DX * Media Composer (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

• Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:14 PM In reply to

• Hamada Hanoura
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 10 2012
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Re: Problems Linking to AMA Volume and Importing

I had a smiliar problem where AVID would not recognise the XDCAM Volume for AMA, but would still allow me to link to any or all the files on the xdcam. After going back & forth with SONY & AVID, it was discovered that a certain versions of Symantec security software was behind all that. When we disabled that software, AVID was linking like it was suppose to. We ended up rolling back Symantec to an earlier version. Give it a try.

Hamada Hanoura

PBS Newsour

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller