Latest post Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:23 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:15 AM

• Anthony
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 21 2010
    • Sydney
    • Posts 43
    • Points 580

AMA failed changing the clips to the desired quality prior to consolidate. Consolidate aborted.

I am trying to consolidate a sequence that has a mix of XDCAM online clips and Sony C300. All the vision has been consolidated to networked drives already. Whenever I try to consolidate OR transcode the sequence to an external HD I get the following error message:

AMA failed changing the clips to the desired quality prior to consolidate. Consolidate aborted.

As far as I can tell there are no linking AMA clips in the sequence since everyting has been previously consolidated/transcoded. I am running Avid Media Composer 5.5.3. Anyone with any suggestions your help would be appreciated!

Mac OS 10.6.4 | MacMini: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NIVIDA Gefore 9400 256MB graphics card, 500gb HD | Media Composer 6.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:23 AM In reply to

Re: AMA failed changing the clips to the desired quality prior to consolidate. Consolidate aborted.

Make sure the sequence is in a bin on it's own and use show reference clips in bin display to see if any show as AMA.

I'd then try and divide the sequence up using sub sequence and see if that helps track down the issue.

Having the console open may also reveal more info.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller