Latest post Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:16 PM by John Moore. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:39 PM

Opening Symphony Seq with MC

Our facility has multiple MC machines (all mac) connected to an ISIS 5000. We are thinking of upgrading 1 machine to Symphony. Once color correction has been done on the symphony can the sequence be opned and the color correction be viewed (Secondary, clip base and source based - read only) in MC?

We would like to use the symphony to help our finishing process, but in case minor changes or additional exports to quicktime need to be made, it would be ideal that not to be pinned down to 1 machine. 

Thanks you All

Brandon

• Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:19 PM In reply to

Re: Opening Symphony Seq with MC

As long as all the color corrections are rendered on the Symphony, then you can open it  on the MC just fine.  If you start changing things while on MC that un-render the Symphony Color Corrrections, then you'll have unrecognized effects and will either have to remove and replace them or go back to the Symphony for adjustments and re-render.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:54 PM In reply to

• BobRusso
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Jersey
    • Posts 2,251
    • Points 27,805
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid ISIS
      Moderator: Avid NEXIS PRO
      Moderator: Avid Storage Products

Media Composer can open a sequence with Symphony Relational Color Correction effects but will not be able to edit them. MC can only remove the effect.

I don't believe they have to be rendered or anything else special done.

https://www.youtube.com/avidevangelistbob [view my complete system specs]

-- Bob Russo Post-Production Workflow Manager - NFL Films

Bob Russo on Expert Connections

• Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:16 PM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 394
    • Points 4,450

In my experience for a long while, sometime around V3.5 IIRC, mc will be fine with symphony color correction, even showing the green line to indicate color correction.  The only thing that gets lost is secondary color correction.  If you rendered the clips with secondary color correction it will play fine in mc but if it's not rendered it will be just like shutting off the secondary tab.  And as has been pointed out you can't adjust many of the parameter but the master curves and some of the others can be adjusted.  I've sometimes limited the use of the symphony color corrector to just the parameters that appear in both symphony and mc to allow for mc compatibility.

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller