Latest post Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:51 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 20 2012 2:30 AM

• pudge
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 20 2011
    • Michigan USA
    • Posts 8
    • Points 70

AVCHD 1.1.0

I am running MC 5.5.3 on 18 workstations and some of my students need to import AVCHD files from their Panasonic cameras.  The only AVCHD plug-in I can find on the AVID site is for MC 6 and above.  WHERE CAN I FIND A PLUG-IN FOR 5.5.3?  I think it is AVCHD 1.1.0 but I can't find it to download it. Thanks for any input.

• Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:51 AM In reply to

Re: AVCHD 1.1.0

THis page has the plugin matrix at the bottom

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Avid-Media-Access/Plug-ins

It shows AVCHD only came in with V6.0 no AVCHD AMA availability for V5.5

Also note that there are still limitations with AVCHD even on V6.0 and V6.5 with variable GOP lengths causing crashes and issues in the first AMA plugin and the later AMA plugin preventing linking to those formats.

If you are doing a lot of AVCHD work you either need a V6 system to convert them to Avid media so they can go to V5.5 systems or upgrade on mas to V6.0 (or even V6.5) But beaware of the hardware I/O changes and OS considerations etc.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller