Latest post Fri, Sep 21 2012 4:10 PM by Graeme Bowd. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:57 AM

• Graeme Bowd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 12 2009
    • St Albans, UK
    • Posts 44
    • Points 640

Crash while capturing, MC 6.5

I've just ungraded from a Meridian-based MC 12 "legacy" system to MC 6.5. First impressions are good, but I am having problems with the capture tool.

I'm using an IE1394 connection to capture DV footage from a JVC HD GY101 camera. Although I can capture on the fly without difficulty, the problem comes when I try to digitize a section of footage after marking timecode "in" and "out." When I hit the record button, instead of spooling to the "in" point and beginning the capture, the system just sets the camera in fast forward and spools to the end of the tape, completely ignoring the "in" point. The application appears to have crashed. Timecode freezes in the capture tool window as the tape runs, and there is no way of aborting the operation except by pulling the firewire cable out of the camera. I then get the "a commications error has occurred" pop-up and the application returns to normal.

I can see no obvious problems with my settings, but as I am used to a much earlier version of Media Composer, I may well have missed something. Any ideas?

Media Composer 6.5. 15" Macbook Pro (2012) running OS 10.8. 2.6ghz processor, 7200 rpm Lacie rugged mini hard-drive, 8G RAM. Thunderbolt to AJA i... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 21 2012 4:10 PM In reply to

• Graeme Bowd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 12 2009
    • St Albans, UK
    • Posts 44
    • Points 640

Re: Crash while capturing, MC 6.5

I've solved this problem. I had not entered the make of camera in the deck configuration settings, so the application was not controlling it properly. With this issue addressed, all is working fine! 

Media Composer 6.5. 15" Macbook Pro (2012) running OS 10.8. 2.6ghz processor, 7200 rpm Lacie rugged mini hard-drive, 8G RAM. Thunderbolt to AJA i... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller