Latest post Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:28 PM by Larry Rubin. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Sep 8 2012 4:46 PM

• Hayley
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Sep 8 2012
    • Wales
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

HELP PLEASE, first time Avid User and encountering difficulties

I am editing a Zumba video and working with Avid isn't going very well, every time I insert the clip and separate audio and video the audio lags behind the video and the footage is still lagging when I'm trying to watch through it. When I trim the clip to cut off the beginning and get straight into the warm up the instructor starts dancing and then the music starts so its all out of sync. I'm trying my best with it but its getting really frustrating now. I converted the footage file into an avi file beause it didn't initially recognise the file but I'm not sure if that's right. My laptop's system type is 64 bit-operating system, and has 3.00GB, its a Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU. I hope this informtation is coherent I would be greateful for any help and advise you could give me. Many thanks. 

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1, Intel Pentium T4400 @ 2.20GHz, 3.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM, Generic PnP Monitor, 298GB TOSHIBA MK3276GSX ATA Device... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Sep 8 2012 6:10 PM In reply to

Re: HELP PLEASE, first time Avid User and encountering difficulties

We need to know what Avid software and what version of it you are running. Please fill out your system specifications. Click on your name, then "edit my profile", then "profile options" to get to the appropriate text field. Your specs will then become a permanent part of every post you make.

And posting a screen shot of your timeline would be helpful. Go to the "options" tab in the reply field, click "add/update", navigate to the image file, save and post.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:06 PM In reply to

• Hayley
    • Not Ranked
    • Wales
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

I have now provided that information for you in my profile section, help would be much appreciated so I can get on with editing my project.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1, Intel Pentium T4400 @ 2.20GHz, 3.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM, Generic PnP Monitor, 298GB TOSHIBA MK3276GSX ATA Device... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:18 PM In reply to

Hi Haley,

We still don't know what version of what Avid product you're using.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:48 PM In reply to

And be advised that the ONLY flavor of W7 qualified for Media Composer is W7 Professional 64. Further, NO version of W7 is qualified for Avid Express Studio, if that is indeed the software you are running. If you're running Media Composer, for your reference, here are the system requirements and version matrix.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:12 PM In reply to

• Hayley
    • Not Ranked
    • Wales
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Studio-professional-movies-multimedia-projects/dp/B004NRODAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347311495&sr=8-1

This is the Avid software I have got, I apologise but I'm not very technically minded and don't really understand a lot of the technical talk so bare with me.

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:19 PM In reply to

These boards are for the Media Composer, Symphony and DS product lines. For the Avid Studio Forums, go here.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:23 PM In reply to

• Hayley
    • Not Ranked
    • Wales
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

Thanks

• Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:28 PM In reply to

You're quite welcome. Good luck!Yes

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller