Latest post Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:10 PM by John Moore. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 6 2012 3:35 PM

Getting rid of .sub clips

Hey there:

Does anyone have a quick way to globally convert .sub clips in a sequence back to their parent clip? I'm trying to bulk apply timewarp effects to my sequence but the process skips any .sub clips or group clips. I got rid of the latter by committing multicam edits. Just trying to figure out how to flatten the former.

Thanks!

• Fri, Sep 7 2012 7:35 AM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Re: Getting rid of .sub clips

AFAIK you can bulk apply Timewarp to subclips by selecting the clips in timeline and then double clicking the timewarp effect in the effect pallet.

Alternatively you can park on a subclip and then hit T> Match Frame > Matchframe to load the Master on the Source Monitor and then Hit B to replace the subclip and continue with the rest of the Subclips.

I do not know how to bulk replace subclips in the Timeline with Master Clips; if there is any.

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Fri, Sep 7 2012 12:02 PM In reply to

I guess you could force a "relink to selected".

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:10 PM In reply to

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 392
    • Points 4,440

You could decompose the sequence deselecting offline only media and that would create a sequence with only master clips.  Relink that and all clips should be master clips.

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller