Latest post Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:51 PM by knejmann. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 16 2014 8:27 PM In reply to

• Mark Renz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 21 2006
    • Kansas City, MO
    • Posts 1,040
    • Points 12,945

Re: Shortcut for applying color correction/grading to multiple clips at once

Are you talking about adding to track above? If you are trying to do this in Symphony, you have to use CC effect not source or program effect.

Media Composer Nitris DX 2018.8 with Symphony option Win10 64Gb Ram * Media Composer 8.8 with Symphony option Nitris DX Dual 2.66GHz "Westmere"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 9 2019 10:13 AM In reply to

• samsmall
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 3 2008
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

OK this thread begs the question about selecting all the clips in a sequence that you want to apply a color correction to.

The selection lasso has never been sufficient for the purpose.  It assumes that all the clips you want to apply the effect to are next to each other on the timeline and they can be lassoed in a single lasso in segment mode. 

That's not reality. Reality is the clips from a particular camera, all of whom may need the same color correct, are not next to each other but rather are separated on the timeline. Losso is useless! 

I've never understood why if we can navigate on the time to the next clip based on what we type into the search window at the bottom of the timeline why the heck can't we have a simple "select all clips on the timeline" based on the same search criteria. 

One click and all the clips from that source in the sequence get selected at once. Then double click on the effect and it gets applied to perhaps hundreds of clips wherever they may be in the sequence, instead of the rediculous process now of having to click add on every f*&^ing clip!

I"m an AVID editor for three decades and still don't understand why we can't do this?

• Sat, Feb 9 2019 10:58 AM In reply to

Symphony's source-based CC should be able to pull that off, but I doubt you can apply it per camera (even though I agree that would be great).

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 9 2019 1:48 PM In reply to

I think it’s a Great Idea. It has uses way beyond color correction and since there is Symphony for that, I believe you would be better off not mentioning color. 

“30 years” awesome. Congrouchulations!

If you are totally desperate you can always add a LUT to a camera’s clip(s) that *might* get you in the ballpark if your correction need is just something to kinda sorta get one camera to look decent.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:51 PM In reply to

• knejmann
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Århus, Denmark
    • Posts 179
    • Points 1,940

samsmall:
    why the heck can't we have a simple "select all clips on the timeline" based on the same search criteria. 

In recent versions of Media Composer there is the ‘select clips with same source color’ that could be used for that purpose. But a way to ‘sift’ or select clips on the timeline based on a search on name or other metadata would be very cool!

Media Composer 2018.12.1 - Windows 10 - Dell 8520 - Blackmagic Decklink Studio 4K - Interplay and NEXIS storage - Avid Artist Color. Plus a lot of HP Z420... [view my complete system specs]

Kåre Nejmann

Danish Broadcasting Corporation - DR
    Aarhus, Denmark 

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller