Latest post Tue, Aug 21 2012 3:33 PM by dennis81. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 21 2012 1:56 PM

• dennis81
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 16 2010
    • Posts 15
    • Points 180

Media Creation Settings STILL don't stick in MC6!?!?!?!

We just had 3 new Media Composer 6 installed on our network system.

After working with MC 4.0.5 for years, and going trough the trouble of checking the Media Creation settings every time you open a project, I would have guessed and hoped this issue would have been resolved by version 6!!!

But it seems not to be like that. My Media Creation Settings still change with every project I open, even though I have tried to drag and drop them to the Site Settings. Is there something I AM overlooking? Or has Avid really not been able to resolve this issue after 2 new version....????

Dennis Verheijen.

• Tue, Aug 21 2012 3:12 PM In reply to

Re: Media Creation Settings STILL don't stick in MC6!?!?!?!

You're not overlooking something, Media Creation is still a "Project" setting. It will revert to the default in each new project (or at least so it has been for me, maybe for others it's the last place used).

It does make sense from a managing point of view...I have my main drive for porjects that are mine, and I have two external drives from projects of a director I'm working with. I want each file for each project to be created in its respective hard disk. I wouldn't like to disconnect an external disk and suddenly find a media from another project offline.

Thus it makes sense that when starting a new project you have to remember to specify where you want your MXFs.

Avid Media Composer 6 for PC MOBO: GigaByte P67X-UD3-B3 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz Total Memory : 8GB DIMM DDR3 Video... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 21 2012 3:33 PM In reply to

• dennis81
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 16 2010
    • Posts 15
    • Points 180

Re: Media Creation Settings STILL don't stick in MC6!?!?!?!

Then is there a way to set the default setting? Or to change the setting from "Project" to "Site" or "User"?

I usually Capture with an MPEG 30 MXF Resolution setting to a certain drive. If i forget to set this every time I open another project, I have a problem, because I'm either capturing or rendering in the wrong Resolution or to the wrong disk.

From the research I've done online it seems like this has been an Avid bug since a couple versions already, it should have been resolved in some fix, but apparently is not.

Any suggestions would help! Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller