Latest post Thu, Aug 16 2012 12:55 AM by TVJohn. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 15 2012 11:14 PM

Solution if you have problems importing from camcorder into Avid Studio

I hope this is the right forum, but wanted to post this answer as Pinnacle/Avid was of NO help in this situation.

I upgraded my OS to Windows 7 Professional.  When I went to install Pinnacle Studio 10, I received an error message that I had to upgrade to Avid studio as Pinnacle Studio was no compatible.  So I bought Avid studio.

I uninstalled Pinnacle Studio and thought everything was going to work fine.  I connected my Canon Camcorder (digital) via firewire to my computer.  Windows 7 immediately recognized it.  Nero sees the camera and I'm able to control the Canon.  However, when I opend Avid Studio, I clicked on the "import" button and nothing showed up!

I tried contacting Avid, tried searching the net, nothing solved the problem.  I was going through old programs in the control panel and saw that the Pinnacle Video Controller never uninstalled itself.  As soon as I uninstalled that program, everything worked fine.

Avid is a powerful program, but I get frustrated with the lack of support from them AFTER the sale and the help section is pitiful.

anyway, if anyone has a similar problem, look for leftover Pinnacle products that may have no uninstalled (sign of lazy programming).

MIACLOCKMAN

• Wed, Aug 15 2012 11:22 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,169
    • Points 205,040
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Solution if you have problems importing from camcorder into Avid Studio

Hello Mia

The Studio forum is here

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Aug 16 2012 12:55 AM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,292
    • Points 53,090

Re: Solution if you have problems importing from camcorder into Avid Studio

WHY do we not affix a sticky with the proper link for those looking for Avid Studio Assistance in all popular MC forum categories?

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.4. Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 15/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller