Latest post Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:36 AM by Dan. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 28 2012 1:31 AM

• Michel Mazza
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 24 2012
    • New York
    • Posts 42
    • Points 540

core_consistency_check_failure

I just finished transcoding a big project from diferent camera formats (all where h264 1080 and 29.97fps) into dnxhd220.

I'm getting once in a while this message over a black frame :

core_consistency_check_failure

I can still play but I'm concerned that as soon the project start getting more complex I could have problems...

I looked on the older posts but all I found for a solution is to re digitize or video mixdown which is not possible for me...

Any more specific ideas why this is happenning and how could I fix it and prevent future problems?

Thanks

Pc (custom build) Gigabyte GA-x58A-UD3R mobo i7 cpu 960 @ 3.20ghz Ram 24 gb win 7 pro 64bits Avid symphony v 6.01.1 Nvidia Quadro 2000 8 tb Raid... [view my complete system specs]

Michel Mazza

Owner . Editor . Sound Designer . Music Composer

post.present.future

• Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:15 PM In reply to

• Michel Mazza
    • Not Ranked
    • New York
    • Posts 42
    • Points 540

Re: core_consistency_check_failure

Nobody replied...I'm moving forward with the project and is getting worst...

Please anybody have any ideas?

Please help

Pc (custom build) Gigabyte GA-x58A-UD3R mobo i7 cpu 960 @ 3.20ghz Ram 24 gb win 7 pro 64bits Avid symphony v 6.01.1 Nvidia Quadro 2000 8 tb Raid... [view my complete system specs]

Michel Mazza

post.present.future

• Fri, Aug 24 2012 3:23 AM In reply to

• Dan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 14 2009
    • Hobart, Tasmania
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90

I have the same issue after importing an FCP project, not even seeing the vision, just a timeline with this error on source and recorn monitors which are blacked out. If I find a workaround I will post it here.

Avid Symphony 6.0.1 MacPro 64Bit - OS 10.7.4 Video Card - Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D Processor - 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Graphics - ATI... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 24 2012 1:31 PM In reply to

Hi Dan, Whilst not experiencing this issue myself, the info I have read suggests that this is related to corrupt clip(s). The suggestion to work around this seems to be more of a process of elimination to establish which is the offender(s) and remove them then re-digitize.. One of my colleagues has had this issue and like you had imported an FCP 7 project. Turned out 3 of his clips had become corrupt. Re-digitized the offenders and he was away.

CheersWink

Ronnie

System. MC 7.0.3 with Symphony option. Gigabyte GA-X79 UD7 Rev.2 Mobo. Intel Core i7 3960CPU @ 3.5Ghz. Liquid cooled. 32Gb Vengeance Ram. NVidia Quadro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 24 2012 2:25 PM In reply to

• Michel Mazza
    • Not Ranked
    • New York
    • Posts 42
    • Points 540

I couldn't re digitize (it's a hugh project plus all has been transcoded and it would take days) but just like the way it started the issue now it went away....everything works fine...no more messages (touching wood)...so I'm not sure what the problem was but I'm glad I didn't do anything and went ahead....the problem solved itself...like if the avid could heal itself...

thanks to all...

Michel Mazza

post.present.future

• Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:36 AM In reply to

• Dan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 14 2009
    • Hobart, Tasmania
    • Posts 8
    • Points 90

G'day Ronnie,

Thanks for that. Given it was a rebuild from FCP and the start of a project I tried a second export from FCP deleted all the media from the first Avid conform and tried again, same problem.

So I deleted media again via media tool then went looking on my drives and found half a dozen stray media files from that project that the media tool did not get rid of. I manually deleted them from my drive. tried the import again and bang it worked! No error message and timeline looking as it should.

Why the media tool didn't delete those files I do not know.

Now I just have to figure out why some clips aren't synched I suspect the "cameraman" has shot a mix of NTSC and PAL. Urgh think this little project has a curse. Back to the detective work.Huh?

Thanks again, Dan

Avid Symphony 6.0.1 MacPro 64Bit - OS 10.7.4 Video Card - Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D Processor - 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Graphics - ATI... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller