Latest post Wed, Jul 25 2012 1:05 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 49 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:28 PM

MC 6.0.1.1 / SN 6.0.1.1 Patches (w/10.7.3 support) AVAILABLE!

Great news!

We have released “maintenance updates” for the 6.0/10.0 editing applications and they are now available on the Download Center as of today, April 23, 2012, under the "Avid Editor Patches" link.  Note that these maintenance updates are free for any customers who already own 6.0/10.0. This release contains many enhancements and fixes which our outlined in the ReadMe document that accompanies the download and is also attached to this thread.

What is released:

· Media Composer 6.0.1.1 (Mac and PC)

· Symphony 6.0.1.1 (Mac and PC)

· NewsCutter 10.0.1.1(PC)

ReadMe:  Customers are always encouraged to read the ReadMe document and the Instructions that accompany each download before installing.

Availability: These updates are available on the Download Center – Reminder –  access to the Download Center requires a login and password.  If you don’t have one you can create a Master Account <https://www.avid.com/US/account/orientation>  and then request and link your Download Center account.

Important Notes:  Before Installing, please read the ReadMe and Patch Installation Instructions located on the Download Center.

Windows:

· Windows installers are patch installers. You must have Media Composer/Symphony 6.0.1 or NewsCutter 10.0.1 installed first. Then you can install the 6.0.1.1/10.0.1.1 patch on the system without uninstalling 6.0.1/10.0.1.

· Windows Helper Applications v28.0.1.1 (EDL Manager, FilmScribe, Log Exchange, MediaLog) must be downloaded and installed individually.  Versions 28.0.1 must be installed first (these are included with the 6.0.1/10.0.1 installers)

Mac:

· Mac patches are full installers. You must uninstall your previous version first then install 6.0.1.1

· This release now supports Mac OS 10.7.3 in addition to 10.7.1 and 10.7.2.

License Information: Customers upgrading from 6.0/10.0 do NOT require a dongle update or a new activation ID.  Customers upgrading from a version prior to 6/10 will require a dongle update or a activation ID to run v6.0.1.1 or 10.0.1.1.

Important: For more information regarding the unified licensing (no dongle necessary) feature available in 6/10 or higher, please visit www.avid.com/avidlicensing <http://www.avid.com/avidlicensing>  for a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions pertaining to upgrade procedure, pre-system setup, and activation.   If you do not have an active Avid Support Contract, or did not previously purchase 6/10 and would like run to the new versions, you will need to purchase an upgrade.  Upgrades can be purchased through the Avid Online Store at shop.avid.com.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:05 AM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 330
    • Points 3,715

Re: MC 6.0.1.1, SN 6.0.1.1 Updates WITH 10.7.3 SUPPORT NOW AVAILABLE

Thanks for this news, unfortunately the download link does not work, (logged in and out of my avid account)

It just loads at an empty page . ( accessing from the UK)

navigating manually within my acccount from the orientation page to the download page http://esd.avid.com/ProductInformation.aspx?id=7  

V 6.0.1 (Jan 19) is the latest version being offered for download.

I have just found V6.0.1.1 as suggested above in the "patches link" at http://esd.avid.com/ProductDownload.aspx?id=884

despite being a full installer for mac.

Steve

Numerous clients 8.3 to 2020.x interplay with NEXIS, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: 2017 15" i7 MacbookPro OS11 MC 2021.5, Esata Raid, DroboPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 24 2012 8:12 AM In reply to

When logged in, try looking in the Avid Editor Patch page

http://esd.avid.com/ProductInformation.aspx?id=55

MAC full download is there...

Social Media Manager at Avid
    Editor-in-Chief avidblogs.com

Got a great story to tell for #TimelineTuesday?
    Want to share a Media Composer Tutorial on #TutorialThursday?
    Contact me!

Twitter: @editorbelga
    Facebook: fb.com/editorbelga 
    WWLD

• Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:10 AM In reply to

• Whitecat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 5 2011
    • Surrey, UK
    • Posts 48
    • Points 635

Seriously, if they're full installers, why label them as "patches" ?

Very confusing. Confused

Symphony 6.5.2.1 + PhraseFind / Mac Mini i7 Quad (2.0) / 16GB RAM / 10.8.2 Media Composer 6.0.3.3 / Macbook Pro Retina 2.3 / 8GB RAM / 10.8.2 Pro Tools... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 25 2012 8:12 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Bainbridge Island, WA
    • Posts 5,578
    • Points 64,975
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

They're patches on Windows, full installers on Macs.  Either way you're half right...or half wrong.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Wed, Apr 25 2012 8:44 AM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 193
    • Points 2,375

At least I can now adjust the height of my timeline window again. Thanks Avid.

Cool Post Nr. 100. Wohooo

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

• Wed, Apr 25 2012 9:49 AM In reply to

"... Seriously, if they're full installers, why label them as "patches" ? ..."

Agreed.  The catagory should be called (something like) "Avid Editor Interim Releases", and then inside the folder, the difference between Patch vs Full Installer can be explained.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Wed, Apr 25 2012 6:47 PM In reply to

• JEDRZEJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 9 2006
    • POLAND
    • Posts 36
    • Points 440

.Another version for beta testers...

International charakters Polish pro not working - on MAC OSX only 1 font Lucida Grande CE, on PC Win& in Title Tool Alt+regional=arrow.

Avid FX 6.0.5 working properly only on MAC OSX. On PC the same project not functioning.

Well that Adobe Production Premium CS6 is coming.

• Thu, Apr 26 2012 5:44 PM In reply to

• darkoibr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 30 2011
    • Posts 127
    • Points 1,700

I think that AVID needs to rethink this whole update process in general.. Thow everything out and start from scratch.. How about this.. In verion 6.5 or 7 of MC have automatic update.. I remember being first time user, by the time i created all AVID accounts then linked them, then figured how to get to download center, then trying to learn the difference between a patch and a full installer, then realizing they are same on a mac, yet split up in the download section (bizzare).... and so on and so foth.

How about next version of avid.. You start up the app, and a little window pops up.. "There is an update avaliable for AVID MC, would you like to update?" Wow this kind of technology is lightyears away but i am sure you guys can manage it =) Then have a download sectioin link ON THE MAIN SITE, where you can download all the pass release if you want to roll back.. AND I still don't understand the point of regisering for downlaod center since its not like someone can download old version then run it fully (only trial).... You sitll need the licence.. If you think that some sort of security is required build it into the app, don't make your users jump through the hoops..

• Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:24 PM In reply to

I agree - an auto updater like almost every other program in use would be most welcome! It would make updating Media Composer on 14 Edit suites a lot faster and easier.

It would also be great to get more frequent updates - even if it is only fixing a few bugs here and there. At least annoyances could go away much sooner. 

Does someone know why Avid requires such convoluted methods for updating the software? Also, simplifying where the download location is on the Avid website would be great too. To get the 6.0.1 update I found it easier to just download the trial and then input the license info than to track down the 6.0.1 location on the website.

Maybe that is being nitpicky and lazy but competition is heating up in the NLE market and the less time dealing with updates and bugs the better.

• Thu, Apr 26 2012 10:43 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,739
    • Points 227,800
    • ! Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Careful doing that as the trial version is not always updated with the newly released version right away.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Sat, Apr 28 2012 6:51 AM In reply to

• jp
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Then it's not really a full version trial is it.  It seems crazy that such advance software would have to use advanced techniques to keep it from being updated.  I agree with the previous post about competition.  One must make these things seriously in a world where this kind of thing does make a huge impression on first time users.  At least an email to all users with a master account and a link to the download.  

Avid user for 20 years

• Sun, Apr 29 2012 2:08 PM In reply to

Hello mr Rubin,

I'm lost in the Avid website, I'm want to download the 6.0.1.1 (I have got 6,0.1)

And I can't find it, I can find mediacomporen 6.0.1.1 dmg of 330.6 MG not a full installer

And the mac wont open it

It is probable a stupid question but I ask it anyway

thank,

Core

mac pro 3.5 GHz 6 - Core intel xeon E5, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD FirePro D500 32GB ram 2x addonics eSATA raid tower 3 thunderbold-LaCie eSATA Hub ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 29 2012 3:52 PM In reply to

Hello Core:

You'll find it at the Avid Download Center under the "Avid Editor Patches" Link. I just confirmed that the dmg is there and it is a 2.1 gig file.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:23 PM In reply to

hello,

I have a problem: I downloaded 6.0.1.1 vesion I uninstalled 6.01 then upgraded to OS 10.7.3

When I click on the disk images 6.0.1.1 Im get a warning:not recognized

Who can help me by saying you did something wrong

Thanks, Core

mac pro 3.5 GHz 6 - Core intel xeon E5, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD FirePro D500 32GB ram 2x addonics eSATA raid tower 3 thunderbold-LaCie eSATA Hub ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 4 (50 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller