Latest post Mon, May 28 2012 1:56 AM by Cao Tri Dung. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 20 2012 3:13 AM

Avid Unity Medianetwork 5.13 portserver error

Hello everbody.

I'm from Hanoi Television - Viet Nam

I have Avid unity media network (5.13) , 4 fibre client and 8 ethernet client. the system were installed by avid ASIA in 2011

now i have a problem :

I can not copy file from client to Unity workspace via ethernet ( fibre is ok).

error message in the client ( windows 7) : 0x8007046A  : Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

error message in the unity server ( Event viewer\ system) : Failed to allocate nonpaged pool at line 3780 in module avidcommrw.c.

Thanks for your help

Dung. technical departerment - Hanoi radio and televison - Viet Nam

email : dungct_htv@yahoo.com

• Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:17 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Unity Medianetwork 5.13 portserver error

Cao Tri Dung:
    Failed to allocate nonpaged pool at line 3780 in module avidcommrw.c.

That error I have seen before but with portserver crashes.

Have you restarted your unity just to see if that fixes it as restarting is the ony known way to get the portserver working normally. Restarting the service does not do the trick. 

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Wed, Apr 25 2012 2:45 AM In reply to

Hi Jeroen, I have read your post before about this error, and I did not find any solution with Unity 5.13, I had restarted media engine but still have error. I upgraded Windows server 2003 from service pack 1 to service pack 2. but nothing change. I intend to reinstall the Media engine, but I dont know if the error come again

I thing this error cause of portserver, anh I thing AVID must give us some service pack to fix this

Thanks

• Wed, Apr 25 2012 1:35 PM In reply to

Hi,

Do you use the media network 5.3 client software on the client?

According to:

http://dl.avid.com/Files/2081/MediaNetwork_ReadMe_v5_4.pdf?id=2081&pid=662

for windows 7 you need at least 5.3.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:49 AM In reply to

Hello, Mr Jeroen. 

we had installesd the media network software client on all clients ( we istalled from 5.3 software kit include CD), we have both XP client and windows 7 client, The problem happend with all of them, with XP clients we have messages " Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

thanks alot.

Dung

• Thu, Apr 26 2012 9:38 AM In reply to

Cao Tri Dung:
    we installed from 5.3 software kit include CD

Hi Dung,

I'm not sure if you installed the right client. Medianetwork client 5.3 is only download-able from Avid. It was never shipped on a installation CD AFAIK.

On the XP clients you should install media network client 5.1.3. On the Windows 7 machine you should install the media network client 5.3.

Furthermore I would like to ask you to carefully check the event logs on the clients and the unity. Not just the events with a red cross. Avid also logs errors while marking them as ordinary events.

Also important is to check if the windows user names are all correct on the unity. Check by right clicking "my computer" on the unity. Select "manage" and the select "local users and groups" and then select "users". Make sure that the user account the editors use to log in into windows on the editing clients are the same here.

I would also test what happens on the unity by switching off "dynamic mounting" This can be done by going to D:\Program Files\Avid Technology\AvidUnity\PortserverStartup\portserverconfiguration.exe. You can do this without a problem if you use less then 22 workspaces. This will always mount the workspaces on the unity itself thereby giving you access to those workspaces in windows on the unity and the ability to copy on the unity data to a workspace without the need of a client.

If you also get errors during a local copy on the unity you can check if the problem is on the unity and not on the client.

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:56 AM In reply to

Hi Jeroen

My Media network clients are 5.4, both XP and Windows 7. ( Avid Asia installed from CD and then they upgrade)

I also checked the user name and, every thing is correct but still have the error ( even I log in as administrator).

I checked the error message and others log, and all error come from portserver. 

Thanks

• Mon, Apr 30 2012 3:26 PM In reply to

• Doc Avid
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 17 2006
    • Los Angeles / Hollywood
    • Posts 2,320
    • Points 25,875

Interesting..   are you using mirrored workspaces,  and are your allocation groups created with an even number of drives?

JDS

So many systems, so little space. So... everything Avid and a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. [view my complete system specs]

Jeff Sengpiehl ACSR Mac/PC/Unity/ISIS Los Angles CA AIM Docavid - Yahoo Docavid Join the Avid-L- It is ALL there: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2 http://tinyurl.com/zl6ez http://tinyurl.com/27qw4o for your Iphone

• Wed, May 2 2012 2:35 AM In reply to

we have 32 (1TB) HDD, using 30 HDD to create 15TB mirrored allocatino group, 2 HDD for spare

Thanks

• Wed, May 2 2012 2:42 AM In reply to

another interesting thing.

I found that : I can copy file if I make to way copy ( at the same time): first copy large file ( 10 GB for example ) from server to client and then copy smaller ( 9 GB ) file from the client to server.

• Wed, May 2 2012 11:55 PM In reply to

• Doc Avid
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,320
    • Points 25,875

So not an odd number of drives..  not following your second post what you're saying there...

So many systems, so little space. So... everything Avid and a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. [view my complete system specs]

Jeff Sengpiehl ACSR Mac/PC/Unity/ISIS Los Angles CA AIM Docavid - Yahoo Docavid Join the Avid-L- It is ALL there: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avid-L2 http://tinyurl.com/zl6ez http://tinyurl.com/27qw4o for your Iphone

• Thu, May 3 2012 2:09 AM In reply to

I want to talk about AVID portserver error. I can not copy file from clients to server

I'm sure that error com from AVID portserver. I know that if I reinstall avid media engine the error may be fix, but I not sure it come again. so I post here to ask if any body have the same error like me. 

And I'm really tired with AVID support in our contry, I told them about this error long time ago, but nothing change, they dont find anything :(

Thanks 

• Thu, May 3 2012 9:44 AM In reply to

Jeff, Could it be that he needs to synchronize and optimize his workspaces?

Although I'm also not excactly understanding what his second post means, if one copy works and another not, it seems to me something must be wrong with mirroring.

Cao Could you post a full screen screemshot of the administration tool with the workspace view opened? Maybe there is some info that helps in columns "Mirrored", "Files", "Dirs" and "P.Sys"

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, May 3 2012 10:40 AM In reply to

Cao Tri Dung:

And I'm really tired with AVID support in our contry, I told them about this error long time ago, but nothing change, they dont find anything :(

As far as unity is concerned I share your feeling. 2 paid visits of my Avid reseller's ACSR, forwarding of all logs to Avid, Opening an official support request, Marianna Montague also trying to get updated on the status. It all resulting in totally nothing!

It is not support in your country that is to blame. It is Avid unity headquarters not investing time in finding the problem and producing a solution since 2009.

Jeroen van Eekeres 

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, May 3 2012 2:21 PM In reply to

• Doc Avid
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,320
    • Points 25,875

Cao Tri Dung:

I want to talk about AVID portserver error. I can not copy file from clients to server

I'm sure that error com from AVID portserver. I know that if I reinstall avid media engine the error may be fix, but I not sure it come again. so I post here to ask if any body have the same error like me. 

We're trying to talk about that-  Your unity structure underlies that. The other thing that MUST be the same is the windows Administrator Passowrd on the File Manager, the Portserver AND theAdministrator passowrd for the Unity Administration tool.   What I don't understand is your other post:

Cao Tri Dung:

I can copy file if I make to way copy ( at the same time): first copy large file ( 10 GB for example ) from server to client and then copy smaller ( 9 GB ) file from the client to server.

Filed under:
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller