Latest post Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:48 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 4:56 PM

• bobblur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 17 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Only Audio Exports, No Video

Newbee question, perhaps a simple answer?

Just started using Avid Studio trial.

I can import and edit M2TS, 1080p, 60fps files, no problem.

The edited video displays correctly in the Avid Video Exporter window, jog and shuttle work fine.

But ANY exported video format results in a very small, audio ONLY file - NO Video, just a gray screen.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on this issue.

Thanks

Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Apr 17 2012 10:43 PM In reply to

Re: Only Audio Exports, No Video

If you're using the newest version of Avid Studio, not the legacy Avid Xpress Studio, you will find those Forums here.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:38 PM In reply to

AVID Studio is a white elephant.

I've never had so many problems with a single piece of software.

Purchase this software only if:

1. You like constantly regenerating activation codes for antiquated codecs.

2. You hate customer support. I had to use my "free support ticket" to get a mp2 codec code that AVID Studio wouldn't run without or couldn't be purchased or found online. I got my "free support ticket" redeemed after a month of arguing via weekly emails from "Vlad."

3. You hate consistency. Let's say you are editing a project, you export it. You watch it, decide to take out a scene and export it once more. This time it's audio only! Let me tell you, as a man who loves surprises, this is a real treat.

4. You enjoy being CONSTANTLY redirected to the poorly-organized forum of a different company, because...

5. You get your kicks by being tricked into buying terrible editing software (Pinnacle Studio) because it has the name of a former industry standard dinosaur on the box (AVID). Same software, different color, insanely outdated layout, buggier than ever.

AVID does not care about the quality of its consumer grade products, they care about shilling out "support tickets" and scrambling to get small TV stations or whoever else hasn't switched to EDIUS, FCP, ANYTHING ELSE to buy hardware upgrades.

Strongly recommend!

• Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:48 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,185
    • Points 205,170
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Gentile.......

Let me get you in touch with the support manager as this is NOT an acceptable situaiton and not the norm for Avid Service - professional products or consumer.  We treat them all the same.

Can you email me the studio version you are using, youe name, your phone and email address so I can get Josh on this immediately. 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller