Latest post Sun, Apr 15 2012 8:45 PM by Mediagix. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Apr 15 2012 10:55 AM

• Mediagix
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,115

Audio Keyframes, Magnifying Timline

Audio Keyfames:
    Make marked keyframes movable horizontally, as well, not only vertically.
    This feature was also suggested by Eddie Hamilton here: http://eddiehamilton.com/avidvsfcp.htm
    I'd compliment Avid on considering his thoughts and suggestions, not only drop his name in feature video.

Magnifying Timeline:
    When you press control+m you can magnify the timeline, but so far I haven't found a way to map it to the keyboard.
    Am I overseeing it in the command palette? If not, it's a suggestion to have it there.

Plus I suggest, that using the aforementioned command w/o marking an area to be magnified,
    takes you back the previous timeline zoom level. If you press again, it would take you back to the
    magnifying level before that and so on - like the "back" command on a web browser.

about.me/c.g.fell

• Sun, Apr 15 2012 7:40 PM In reply to

Re: Audio Keyframes, Magnifying Timline

Mediagix:
    When you press control+m you can magnify the timeline, but so far I haven't found a way to map it to the keyboard.

If you're pressing CTRL+M, then you're using the keyboard.  Are you saying you want to map it to another location?  

You should look at Menu-To-Button mapping.  

CTRL+M, is the command for Zoom In, but it is not the same as More Detail (which is located at CTRL+[)  

Both are mappable using Menu-To-Button mapping.  

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sun, Apr 15 2012 8:11 PM In reply to

And audio keyframes ARE movable horizontally, but dragging with the ALT key on PC or the OPTION key on Mac. However, a region of marked audio keyframes can only be moved vertically. Moving a region of keyframes horizontally is a long standing request.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Apr 15 2012 8:13 PM In reply to

• Mediagix
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,115

Larry Rubin:
    Moving a region of keyframes horizontally is a long standing request.

yes, I'm referring to a group.

about.me/c.g.fell

• Sun, Apr 15 2012 8:28 PM In reply to

• Mediagix
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,115

Kenton.VanNatten:
    Both are mappable using Menu-To-Button mapping.  

I was hoping so, but I didn't find anything in the menu to map it from. Any idea?

Still it would be helpful to have it in the pallete, as well...

about.me/c.g.fell

• Sun, Apr 15 2012 8:39 PM In reply to

Go to the fast (hamburger) menu of the timeline and map "more detail" and "less detail".

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sun, Apr 15 2012 8:45 PM In reply to

• Mediagix
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,115

there it was! there's even a zoom back command, that's a start...

about.me/c.g.fell

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller