Latest post Sun, Aug 3 2014 8:45 PM by rachinc. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 4 2012 4:01 PM

• cliffetzel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 4 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Cannot properly import AAF from Premiere Pro into MC6

I've downoaded the trial of Media Composer 6 and I'm trying to import an existing project I have edited in Premiere Pro CS5.5 into Media Composer.

I've tried every variation of AAF export options in Premiere Pro and still receive the same error messages and all media shows offline.

The very first message I receive is "Failed To Import Clip - Do You want to proceed?"

I select yes

I then get a msg box with a yellow Exclamation point triangle with the following messgae:

"CM_OFFSET_OUT_OF_RANGE, offset: 1426932, range: 6473"

I click ok and none of the project files nore sequence is imported.

I've tried every purmutation of exporting an AAF out of Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the same results.

TBH - I'm quite frustrated at this and about to just uninstall Media Composer but thought I would try one last time asking for help since none of the tutorials I've found has solved my issue.

TIA,

Cliff

Desktop: Intel Q9400, 8GB PC6400 DDR2 RAM, nVidia GTX-550Ti, 120GB 7200rpm Laptop boot drive, 500GB 7200rpm programs drive, 640GB 7200RPM projects drive... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Wed, Apr 4 2012 7:11 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot properly import AAF from Premiere Pro into MC6

Give Avid a chance... Perhaps it is Premiere that is the problem.

Someone else has had issues exporting AAFs from Premiere:

http://jefferyharrell.tumblr.com/post/19643443810/how-saving-a-day-cost-me-two-days

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

• Wed, Apr 4 2012 7:36 PM In reply to

• cliffetzel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 4 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Read through both of his posts - seems as though Premiere isnt' as interchangeable as Adobe makes it out to be.  I'm gonna give it another chance and try a reassemble of a short project to see how efficient it is for me Smile

Desktop: Intel Q9400, 8GB PC6400 DDR2 RAM, nVidia GTX-550Ti, 120GB 7200rpm Laptop boot drive, 500GB 7200rpm programs drive, 640GB 7200RPM projects drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 5 2012 5:12 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,304
    • Points 96,025

For what it's worth, I've tested both workflows.  Exporting from Avid to Premiere works.  Exporting from Premiere to Avid is problematic.

Whether this is a fault with Adobe's export or with Avid's import who can say.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 5 2012 7:19 AM In reply to

Done lots and lots of AAF exports from various systems into Avid including automatic duck etc and mostly they work with various limitations. But Adobe has always been just about impossible.

Maybe with Wes on the team a future version will see that resolved and Adobe will have a proper post tool but for now it's a lone ship.

If you work Adobe then my advice is stay adobe.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Sun, Jul 14 2013 2:56 PM In reply to

I am trying this now with a Premiere Pro CC project made entirely from Canon XF Media (1080 60i 50Mbps).  AAF export from Premiere goes fine, import in Avid 6.5 goes well with sequence and all clips showing in the import bin but it's impossible to relink the clips or sequence to the Canon XF Media folders.  Tried everything frmo Link AMA, batch import, relink, etc...

Media Composer Nitris DX 3.5 HP XW8600 workstation Windows Vista Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 14 2013 3:14 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,245

From what I have heard there is a bug with Adobe PP CC , AE CC is said to work better

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Sat, Aug 31 2013 10:10 PM In reply to

• kevinjames
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 31 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Is there any update on CC AAF compatibility?

• Sun, Aug 3 2014 6:18 PM In reply to

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I exported an AAF out of Premiere CC 2014, opened it in Avid Media Composer 8 yesterday or so, and the sequence came in fine to Avid Media Composer, but all the media was offline and I couldn't figure out how to relink it. I'm fairly new to avid (not to premiere or FCP though). I read this article online.

http://greghughs.wordpress.com/2013/05/19/how-to-convert-a-premiere-pro-project-to-work-with-avid-media-composer/

While it does suggest an interesting solution, it's kind of depressing to rely on an older software like FCP 7 which isnt being made any more. And in a few years, I imagine, won't be compatible with newer OS's so I hate to rely on solutions where the software isnt being made or supported any more. I'd also like to note, I dont own automatic duck and I kind of don't want to buy it because I have all these other pro softwares like Avid MC and the entire Adobe suite... It's like I'm paying for the entire adobe creative suite. So owning that software and avid ---its like those softwares should do the trick, but I have to buy one more software (automatic duck) just to translate my Premiere project to Avid MC 8?; Not cool. 

• Sun, Aug 3 2014 7:06 PM In reply to

Not sure how or if it will help you, but you don't have to buy Automatic Duck's products - they've been free for a few years now.

http://www.automaticduck.com/

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.5, Avid Media Composer 8.9.0 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Aug 3 2014 8:45 PM In reply to

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

All their FCP downloads are FCP7 :( I have FCP6 :(

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller