Latest post Tue, May 14 2013 7:21 AM by Alec Cullen. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 30 2012 12:20 PM

• Alec Cullen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 8 2007
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 940

MC6 Interface

Why can't I get a white background? I find black on grey very difficult to read. Am I alone in this?

imac 3.4ghz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Fri, Mar 30 2012 12:23 PM In reply to

Re: MC6 Interface

Are you referring to bin backgrounds? If so, click on any bin and make sure no bin items are selected, go to EDIT>SET BIN BACKGROUND...

Or are you saying that process is not working? Please clarify.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Mar 30 2012 12:31 PM In reply to

• Alec Cullen
    • Not Ranked
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 940

The colors for bin background do not include white...the lightest is a shade of grey.

• Fri, Mar 30 2012 1:03 PM In reply to

Alec Cullen:

The colors for bin background do not include white...the lightest is a shade of grey.

Hold Option and click one of the colors, you'll get the OS color wheel.  Note: this mysteriously only works for Bin Background and not Clip Color.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Fri, Mar 30 2012 1:03 PM In reply to

Then press and hold the ALT key (OPTION on a Mac) while you pulldown to "set bin background" and over to the color palette, and release the mouse while still holding down the OPT key. You will then get the standard color picker.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Mar 30 2012 2:45 PM In reply to

• sirreel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 51
    • Points 690
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Is there a way to change the background color behind the timeline in MC6?  I'm used to having that be black but cannot seem to reproduce that setting in MC6. 

• Fri, Mar 30 2012 3:00 PM In reply to

Yes, you can change the color of the timeline background by de-selecting all tracks on both the source and the record side, save the customized timeline view, "save current" on the workspace, but even with MC 5, after quitting and relaunching the application, the timeline background color choice will NOT be honored - it will revert back to default gray. Very annoying.  BTW, you can use the same OPT button workflow to get the standard color picker for timeline choices.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Mar 30 2012 3:33 PM In reply to

Hi Kenton! Hold down alt + right click on the color chip and you will get a custom color palette.

Christie Carr

Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer

• Tue, May 14 2013 7:21 AM In reply to

• Alec Cullen
    • Not Ranked
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 940

Hi Kenton,

I totally misread your post last year. So, belated thanks 'cause I've just tried it and it works!

Cheers, Alec.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller