Latest post Mon, Mar 19 2012 11:59 AM by Avid Community Team. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 19 2012 11:35 AM

.AVI (DivX) to .Mov HELP!

Hi!

I've been given 8 discs, each containing 3 AVI files on that open in Divx at 1280x720 with a .avi file extention.

Avid will nt let me import them, or link ama with them, it just doesn't play them.

So, i tried to convert them to .mov in MPEG streamclip and a few others, this takes ages, and to no avail. It converts them, but then all i get is the sound on the .mov. I tried to ama link to these .mov's too, and the same thing happens in the source moniter in avid.

Does anyone know how i can fix this? I was thinking about taking them home with me, whacking them through premiere cs5, exporting as a .mov and then importing that file into avid... This is worst case scenario though...

Thankyou in advance!

Brad

• Mon, Mar 19 2012 11:46 AM In reply to

Re: .AVI (DivX) to .Mov HELP!

Have you got DivX installed on that machine?

If you don't have that codec you can't access the media.

The first step is to install the DivX codec and then ensure you can playback. You should then be able to convert them.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Mon, Mar 19 2012 11:59 AM In reply to

Re: .AVI (DivX) to .Mov HELP!

Hi!

Yes, DivXplus is installed... i can play the avi's in this player, and in windows media player, but i cant convert to .mov...

Cheers!

Brad

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller