Latest post Sat, Mar 3 2012 8:24 AM by luca.mg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 2 2012 6:59 PM

• drsteuss
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Waconia, MN
    • Posts 76
    • Points 1,045

Making something "always on top" in MC6 workspace

Prior to MC6, I'd developed a certain order to my limited workspace that counted on some tools (timecode tool and maybe effect editor, off the top of my head) that were "always on top" when they were opened in the workspace. That let me get to them no matter how much I clogged up my screen with other junk. Everything seems to be able to be covered up by other bins in the latest release. I may be able to work around all of this by putting more tabs in the bins/tools that I open (and I realize that needing the timecode tool is made mostly moot by the awesome customizable bar on top of the source/record windows,) but even if that all works out, I'm curious: is there a way to set a certain bin/window/tool as "always on top" so that anything that overlaps it is automatically under that item?

HD: HP Pavilion dv8 laptop, Intel i7 820 processor@1.73 GHz, Windows 7 Professional, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, nVidia GeForce GT230M graphics. Media Composer 6.0... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 2 2012 8:02 PM In reply to

Re: Making something "always on top" in MC6 workspace

drsteuss:
    ...is there a way to set a certain bin/window/tool as "always on top" so that anything that overlaps it is automatically under that item?

To the best of my knowledge, no there is not. Sorry I don't have better news.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Sat, Mar 3 2012 8:24 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 4,598
    • Points 54,260

Re: Making something "always on top" in MC6 workspace

What Larry said, in MC You can CTRL-TAB to switch between windows.

MC 8.2 MXO2, P9X79 Pro i7-3930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K600, StarTech PEX1394B3 FW controller, two 2x1TB raid 0 stripes + MC 3 on G4 MacBook 17" [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller