Latest post Wed, Jun 11 2014 3:20 AM by Pat Horridge. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 21 2011 7:56 PM

• sanselme
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 30 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35

Hello,

I am wondering why is it that every single time I tried exporting an AMA sequence to quicktime (sources are h264 and export settings are also h264) I keep getting this error message: "Exception: Movie export from procedures FAILED!, errorcode:4294965262". Hoping someone can share some lights on this for me.

Happy holidays y'all,

sanselme

EDIT: I should mentionned that I am using MC6

• Wed, Dec 21 2011 8:21 PM In reply to

Re: Movie Export Failed

How quickly into the export does it happen?

What if you take a small section to export?

Have you tried a video mixdown and then exporting that?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Multiple systems: Symphony V7.0.3 & Resolve Plus FCP... [view my complete system specs]

Pat Horridge
    Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor, ACSR, Apple Certified Support Professional

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

VET      Production    Editing     Digital Media    Blu-ray    DVD
    www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square  London N1 6US

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:53 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 193
    • Points 2,310

how long is the sequence? what are your exact export settings? what kind of storage are you using? what are your system specs? are you exporting to the same hard drive that contains AMA linked media? 

Dave/"Nutz"

Freelance ACSR

NYC Area

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:20 PM In reply to

• paulgordon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Stop answering questions with questions. If any of the questions you have asked could be the cause of the fault then it would be useful for the thread to know how to rectify each one. Otherwise this thread is useless. Like many that try and find answers to things on this forum I have found this thread really pointless, I don't usually respond to these things but I felt I needed to after finding nothing that gives any answers at all.

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:22 PM In reply to

An answer could be that you have first to export to QT movie or ref (after a transcode) and go from there to H264. The results will be much better.

Desktop
    Zalman 600W/Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)/i7 2600K@4.5/Corsair 16G DDR3/PNY Quadro 2000D(320.78)/Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS)/ 2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0/LG BH16NS40/W7 Pro 64bit/Media Composer Software 8.2 with Symphony Option/Matrox MXO2 Mini/2xHP 22'' Monitors/M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

IMDbLinkedInTwitterYouTubeFB

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:33 PM In reply to

paulgordon:
    Stop answering questions with questions. If any of the questions you have asked could be the cause of the fault then it would be useful for the thread to know how to rectify each one. Otherwise this thread is useless. Like many that try and find answers to things on this forum I have found this thread really pointless, I don't usually respond to these things but I felt I needed to after finding nothing that gives any answers at all.

Well, gee, Paul, thanks for participating.  It's always nice to see a new face with a fresh perspective.

Perhaps if the original poster had answered any of the questions - which were aimed at narrowing down the cause of the problem - an answer would've been found.  As it turns out they disappeared after one post.  That happens sometimes.

Media Composer | Software (8.2) w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 8.1 Pro 64, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:56 PM In reply to

• paulgordon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Perhaps if he'd have said he was outputting to the same drive then there'd have been the suggestion to go to another drive and see how that works.

Perhaps he'd done another search on google and found the answer, that's currently what I'm trying to do. I hope once I've found it i can remember my login details to come back and post the answer (that helped me)

• Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:09 PM In reply to

Paul,

Wow...you do realize this is a user-supported forum.  None of us are paid, we spend our own time out here trying to help others where we can. 

I'm sorry if you are bothered by the fact that in addition to my day job, I do not have time to provide you with all of the possible answers depending on your situation.  We ask that users provide as much information as possible when they first post.  We ask questions to narrow down the scope of what the issue might be.   If I answered every question with ALL of the possible solutions, you'd be reading forever and I would be fired because I'd be spending all day on the forums.

If you're not finding help here, then I am sorry.  But sometimes, you get better help when you ask (and converse) nicely.

Media Composer v7.0.4 (w/Symph Option) • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • OS 10.8.5 • 20 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Jun 11 2014 2:34 AM In reply to

• ryanhalasz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 11 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 15

Hello,

I had this issue too! It seems when having this issue you will need to export to the disk your working off of. Not sure what's causing it or how to fix it. Good luck. 

• Wed, Jun 11 2014 3:20 AM In reply to

No responses from the original poster so not able to narrow down the issue or suggest any solutions that may help.

As stated with such a generic problem with so little information on what actually happened making blanket "try" this suggestions can often cause more issues. So we try and help posters define the issue more carefully so we can make the most accurate suggestions.

Exporting to the same disk you are working off isn't really relevant. The disk must have enough free space for the export. It must be a file system that supports the expected export size (so FAT32 is often an issue) but other than that exporting to a drive you are working off is normally ok if not a little slower as it is now busy doing readng and writing.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Multiple systems: Symphony V7.0.3 & Resolve Plus FCP... [view my complete system specs]

Pat Horridge
    Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor, ACSR, Apple Certified Support Professional

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

VET      Production    Editing     Digital Media    Blu-ray    DVD
    www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square  London N1 6US

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller