Latest post Thu, Jul 4 2013 3:56 PM by smrpix. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 21 2011 3:40 PM

MC6-Sequence with AMA Clips-Export AAF for protools, How?

OK I'm new to the Avid world.  In Final Cut Pro, I would simply export my sequence as an OMF and open it in Pro-Tools or whatever other audio program our sound designers would use.  With MC6, I'm editing a project with AMA clips.  No matter what I do to try and export out an AAF, I get errors telling me I can't export with AMA clips.  What would the simple way of doing this be?  I'm assuming it's possible, because if it's not then AMA would be a waste of time.

Greg Jones

D7,Inc.

Orlando,Fl.

http://www.d7-inc.com

• Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:41 PM In reply to

Re: MC6-Sequence with AMA Clips-Export AAF for protools, How?

You have to transcode your sequence before exporting an AAF or OMF of AMA material.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Dec 21 2011 4:57 PM In reply to

Yes transcode the sequence to produce Avid Media that you can then export. You can still do an OMF export if you want (switch your project format to SD and OMF coems back as an export option) But AAF carries more info and is a neater solution if going to Protools.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Jul 4 2013 2:55 PM In reply to

• Max Zilker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 13 2011
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 12
    • Points 180

The Problem with transcoding is, that it will only transcode the parts of the original clip which is used in the sequence.

I need to export the audio to a sound guy, he needs the full clips. So i tried "copy all" but this doesnt copy all of the ama linked audio files. sometimes it also just makes totally new clips with no handles. also this has nothing to do with what option i'm choosing. its totally random.

AMA is really ***. its a trap. You think you can work a lot faster with it, but when it comes to exporting you are trapped. You have to do a lot of workarounds to get it working. and then its still totally buggy. especially when it comes to aaf exporting.

: (

MacPro (Mid2010) 12Core, 16GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB Os 10.12.2, MC 8.7.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 4 2013 3:56 PM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,354
    • Points 16,655

Bokeh:
    AMA is really ***. its a trap. You think you can work a lot faster with it, but when it comes to exporting you are trapped.

Like anything that goes fast you need to pay attention to where you're going.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller