Latest post Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:17 PM by Leo. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 20 2006 6:57 PM

• riojapj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,450

Loop Selected Clips

Some odd behaviour here. When I go to the bin menu command 'loop selected clips', the first clip loads into the source monitor and begins to play as you'd expect. But it's when I hit 'tab' that the system goes bananas. Instead of skipping to the start of the next selected clip and playing from that point, 'tab' sparks off an endless and uninterruptable cycle through all selected clips. It's like some demented, disjointed flick-book. Surely I'm doing something wrong here? I've used this laptop for AXP for almost 2 years without a single issue (lucky me) so I'm sure I'm missing something desperately obvious. Any ideas guys?

Peej

MC 8.10.0 Mac Pro (late 2013) CPU - 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 RAM - 64GB DDR3 GFX - AMD FirePro D700 6GB (x2) [view my complete system specs]

Paul

• Tue, Feb 21 2006 7:15 PM In reply to

• riojapj
    • Not Ranked
    • London, UK
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,450

Re: Loop Selected Clips

Bumpity bump.
    MC 8.10.0 Mac Pro (late 2013) CPU - 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 RAM - 64GB DDR3 GFX - AMD FirePro D700 6GB (x2) [view my complete system specs]

Paul

• Tue, Feb 21 2006 7:30 PM In reply to

• Eric Alkire
    • Not Ranked
    • R2TV Richland Co., SC
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,665

This may sound silly, but could your tab button be sticking? My spacebar is wearing out, so play/stop can be an adventure. I've also had intermittent problems with my shift key.

Blow some comressed air in the keyboard and see if that doesn't fix it? Otherwise, I'm at a loss software-wise.

Currently using Avid Pinnacle 6 and 7.1 on a Dell XPS, along with Adobe Production Suite. I have much more experience with Avid XPress Pro HD 5.x, LANShare... [view my complete system specs]
    ACSR-Windows
  • Tue, Feb 21 2006 8:14 PM In reply to

• riojapj
    • Not Ranked
    • London, UK
    • Posts 137
    • Points 1,450

Nope, no sticky keys, but thanks for the suggestion! There's no keyboard mapping that could be interfering. I'm using 4.6 as well, arguably the most stable 4.x version. Hmm...

If nobody on these forums have experienced this before, then it can only be something to do with my particular system configuration. Strange though, this laptop setup is precisely the same one Computer Video Editing mag (UK) used to test the initial AXP release.

It's not the end of the world, it would just be a handy feature to have work properly.

Peej

Paul

• Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:21 AM In reply to

riojapj:
    But it's when I hit 'tab' that the system goes bananas. Instead of skipping to the start of the next selected clip and playing from that point, 'tab' sparks off an endless and uninterruptable cycle through all selected clips.

Hi, I have the same problem in Media Composer 5.0.3. I've never used the function before so I couldn't say if it worked.

Does anybody have the same problem? Any ideas how to solve it? It isn't so important function, but looks very handy. Smile

Media Composer 8.3, Avid FX 6, BCC 6, Baselight for Avid, Windows7 64-bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:41 PM In reply to

• R&B
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Metro Atlanta
    • Posts 205
    • Points 2,465
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress DV Mac
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac

It sure sounds like a sticky key.  But you say it isn't.

Have you tried using the tab key in other applications (like Word) just to confirm that it's not a sticky key?

iMacs, both running OS X 10.7.x Lion. Both have 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 processor w/ 4 GB RAM. Also a 17" MacBook Pro. All these machines are from 2008... [view my complete system specs]

Randy Brown
    President
    Brown Media, Inc.
    www.brownmedia.net
    "Voice Imaging for Radio and TV"

• Tue, Oct 18 2011 3:22 PM In reply to

Yes, sure, it isn't a sticky key. Tab key works perfectly for Edit review and for jumping between takes in a script.

But thanks for an idea.

Media Composer 8.3, Avid FX 6, BCC 6, Baselight for Avid, Windows7 64-bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 7 2019 1:17 PM In reply to

• Leo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 14 2011
    • Berlin
    • Posts 35
    • Points 345

after 8 years of your system being stuck... haha. 

i found out that you have to set the play function on the tab key, like in the standart setting. i had it set to switch from timeline to sourcemonitor view and it had the same behaviour you describe. 

im sure you have found the solution meanwhile, but just for other stumbling over this post....

all the best.

leo

2017 iMac i7 24GB RAM 8GB Radeon 580. OSX Mojave. 2011 MBP i7 16GB RAM AMD HD 6750M 1GB Video. OSX 10.11.5 Avid MC 8.8.0 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller