Latest post Thu, Dec 6 2012 1:04 PM by Marianna. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 19 2011 3:30 PM

• MrMudd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 19 2011
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Can't install Media composer 5

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest trial version for Media Composer 5, however I can not install it. When I run the setup for Media Composer it asks me to install certain elements. After I install these elements I have to restart my computer in order to finalize the installation.

After I restart my computer I return to the setup of Media Composer but it keeps asking me to install the components AvidDX 64bit Driver and Mojo and Adrenaline 64 bit drivers. I keep installing these drivers but I have to restart my computer every time and every time when I return to the setup to finish the installation it keeps asking me to install these 2 drivers, even though I just sintalled them.

I have the Media Composer Shortcut symbole on my desktop but when I start the programm it crashes my ATI video drivers and then prcoeeds to crash all together, making it impossible to start the program.

Is there a way to fix this?

These are my Computer specs

AMD x4 3ghz

Motherboard Asus M4A78-e

ATI HD6850 1GB Videocard

4gb ddr2 ram

Win 7 64

thanks

• Wed, Oct 19 2011 3:41 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,278
    • Points 219,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Can't install Media composer 5

Mr Mudd.......

First, where are you getting the MC 5 software?  Can you post the URL so I can check it?

The latest Trial is MC 5.5.3 and you are presented with the URL to downlaod them from the Request a Trial page.  Sounds like if you got the download there the filr is corrupt.

Secondly, your spec's are a little off - did you look at the recommendations here:  http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=362927

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Oct 19 2011 3:44 PM In reply to

• MrMudd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Hi Marianna,

I downloaded the program form the offical avid website http://www.avid.com/DE/specialoffers/product-trials . I am pretty sure this is the german offical avid website.

Also, your link is in Japanese/Chiese.

I checked the recommended specs the only thing I am missing is the 6gb ram and the videocard, which should be ok because I am not going to use AVID for heavy editing. I just want to take a look at it.

thanks

Mudd

• Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:43 AM In reply to

• Sylvain P
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 1,484
    • Points 17,545

MrMudd:

After I restart my computer I return to the setup of Media Composer but it keeps asking me to install the components AvidDX 64bit Driver and Mojo and Adrenaline 64 bit drivers. I keep installing these drivers but I have to restart my computer every time and every time when I return to the setup to finish the installation it keeps asking me to install these 2 drivers, even though I just sintalled them.

You need those hardware if you want to insall those drivers. If you run MC software only version, you should not install those drivers.

Media Composer 2018.5 (Symphony Option), ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, 16G DDR3-1600, PNY NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (353.82), Windows 10 Pro. Boris Red 5... [view my complete system specs]

Sylvain Primeau

Self-employed worker - Les productions Primeau Medias

primeaumedias.com

Radio-Canada/CBC news editor

cbc.ca / ici.radio-canada.ca

• Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:20 PM In reply to

• MrMudd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Well, the thing is that every time when I try to install MC only it still asks me to install these two drivers.

• Thu, Oct 20 2011 3:27 PM In reply to

not so sure if you downloaded from the official site. What exactly did you download from that page?

Apart from that as indicated by Marianna, your specs are not up to what Avid needs. (AMD, ATI card)

The link from Marianna is Chinese??? Not when I try it...

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Thu, Oct 20 2011 7:21 PM In reply to

• MrMudd
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

No, I downloaded the legal trial version. Anyway I got it working by uninstalling all avid related programs as well as my ATI driver and reinstalled everything. Now it works! Smile

• Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:46 AM In reply to

good to hear that. Happy editing!

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

• Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:48 AM In reply to

i have the same problem, ive trying the same but i cant do anything, help me!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40Ghz 3.40Ghz 16gb ram Windows 7 Professional [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 6 2012 1:04 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,278
    • Points 219,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

kingio

Please add your system spec's to your profile as it is hard to help you when we dont know what you are attempting to install on.  

What computer, OS, and hardware do you have.

what version of MC are you attemtping to install?

marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller