Latest post Tue, Oct 4 2011 4:20 AM by abernardi. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 4 2011 1:30 AM

• abernardi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 26
    • Points 350

I'm on a Mac MC v5.0.1.  Normally I use the Clip Color dialog box from the hamburger menu on the timeline to set offline in red and tick the source color box as I give my subclips specific colors.  Now another editor used the machine last week and I got back on it today and it seems the source color is only showing up on V1 and A1.  A2 is light gray (I'm using a video source with stereo tracks - V1, A1, A2).  

I've tried going back to the defaults, no change.  I started playing with the tick boxes in the Clip Color dialog and weird things started happening.  If I unclick the Offline box now all my tracks turn gray, even though the source box is ticked.  So to sum up:

Source & Offline ticked - V1,A1 are the correct color and A2 is light gray

Source only is ticked - All tracks are light gray

Offline or no boxes ticked - Tracks revert to default colors

I've included a pic of the timeline with Source and Offline ticked.  The source is light blue.  Any ideas?

Avid MC 5.0.4, Adrenalin, Mac OS 10.6.8, MacPro 1.1, 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core, EuControl 2.7.1 (latest version for Snowleopard), Unity [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 4 2011 2:01 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,518
    • Points 64,035
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Clip Color problems

Something may have become corrupt.  Try a new user setting, deleting the MC State file and/or deleting the Site Settings file.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Tue, Oct 4 2011 4:20 AM In reply to

• abernardi
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 26
    • Points 350

Re: Clip Color problems

hbrock:

Something may have become corrupt.  Try a new user setting, deleting the MC State file and/or deleting the Site Settings file.

Right.  I tried a new user, but I'll try the MC State and Site settings tomorrow.  Thanks.

Avid MC 5.0.4, Adrenalin, Mac OS 10.6.8, MacPro 1.1, 2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core, EuControl 2.7.1 (latest version for Snowleopard), Unity [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller