Latest post Fri, Mar 30 2012 4:50 PM by MeanGene. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 2 2011 8:44 PM

• mike_mro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 2 2011
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

why wont my Avid Studio work?

im new to avid studio, and not sure whether this post is in the right catagory on forums.

so heres the deal,  i recently purchased avid studio.  installed it, updated drivers... blah blah blah,  for some reason everytime i click on the file that opens the software... it loads to init Database then does nothing else...

its really starting to bug me...  i have looked on forums and NO-BODY has had this problem?

is it just my computer or is it me in general?

ive heard that it wont run with google chrome or 
    IE8..  is it a system error or not?

thanks,  

feedback is welcome (pelase tell me what i have done wrong with installation...)

Filed under:
  • Sun, Oct 2 2011 8:48 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 219,025
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: why wont my Avid Studio work?

Mike,

The best place to post this is on the Studio forums here:  http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/70/ShowForum.aspx

There are several Avid tech folks lurking that can assist you.  

Hope this helps....

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Mar 30 2012 4:50 PM In reply to

• MeanGene
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 30 2012
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Re: why wont my Avid Studio work?

Here is what may have happened.  You downloaded AvidStudio_Upgrade_Part-1-of-2.exe, but you did not DL Part 2 or Part 2 is not in the same folder or is not a valid install (AvidStudio_Upgrade_Part-2-of-2.dat).  The problem is that Avid Studio will install without error with just Part 1 and it will try to start as if everything is OK.  But, as it is loading it will close at the Init Database window and not complete the startup process.  Make sure that you have both files in the same folder and reinstall the product.  The Avid installation process should check for all files.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller