Last month at The NAMM Show we announced our collaborative song contest with the legendary Abbey Road Studio, which includes a panel of judges made up of three of the industry’s top award-winning engineers and producers – and we’re excited to have Greg Wells on that panel.
Not only is he a Grammy-nominated producer, mixer and songwriter, he is the band you hear in Katy Perry’s U.S. #1 hit single “Waking up in Vegas,” and worked with soulful singer Adele on her Grammy-winning record, 21. His work has undeniably been stuck in your head at one time or another. So, why are we so excited? We’ll let his work and talent speak for itself.
Ten Reasons Why You Want to Work With Greg Wells
1. He has been dubbed “the Swiss Army knife” by The Police’s Stewart Copeland for his skill at engineering, producing and playing on some of the best-selling records in the world.
2. Artists like Perry return to Wells album after album for his ability to be hands-on and to let the artist’s own sound ring true.
3. He co-wrote Celine Dion’s “The Reason,” with Carole King and Mark Hudson. The track was produced by Sir George Martin, and became a Top 5 hit in Europe and contributed to the album Let's Talk About Love, selling more than 30 million copies worldwide.
4. He worked on Pink’s "Why Did I Ever Like You?"
5. He collaborated with Rufus Wainwright on "Across the Universe."
6. He most recently co-produced and co-wrote "The Killer and The Ruler" by Kid Cudi along with T-Bone Burnett for the Hunger Games soundtrack.
7. He produced All-American Rejects' 2012 release, Kids In The Street.
8. He has a serious passion for playing music – by the age of three, Wells was a self-taught drummer and learned to play piano shortly after.
9. Wells is known throughout the industry as being the kind of guy who “plays well with others.”
10. He believes in being hands on with an artist to assess what they’re working toward. "You want to hear somebody lost in their own performance with a complete lack of self-consciousness,” said Wells. “For me, the goal is to shine the best light on the artist themselves and help them be as true to themselves as possible. I'm more the basketball coach than the player."
His diversity, versatility and musical chops make him one of the most talented and sought-after producers, songwriters and musicians in the industry – now is your chance to have him weigh in on your work by entering the contest today to have your chance to join the industry’s elite.