Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Avid Customer Association: Root6 Goes the Extra Mile for Community Engagement

posted by Avid Blogs on Fri, Jul 18 2014

The article Avid Customer Association: Root6 Goes the Extra Mile for Community Engagement by Keli Callaghan appeared first on Avid Blogs - Get the music and post production tutorials and industry insight you need to bring great stories to life—read Avid... (read more)

Music: On Tour with Massive Attack—Production Rehearsals

posted by Avid Blogs on Fri, Jul 11 2014

The article Music: On Tour with Massive Attack—Production Rehearsals by Robb Allan appeared first on Avid Blogs - Get the music and post production tutorials and industry insight you need to bring great stories to life—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Most Recent Postings

Re: Multigroup "Locator" for individual Layer in group ?

Hey Peter - sorry it didn't work for you but that is the only way you can put a marker on to a source clip in a multigroup. The marks are there, but they'll only show up when you decompose the sequence. Which I realise now is useless to you. I think the best way to work would be to mark only the multigroup but use different coloured markers...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Mondo on Thu, Jul 24 2014

Re: It´s not 1995 anymore.

A while back I finished a Sci-Fi series "Hyperdrive" on an EOL Meridian system with hundreds of shots of "airscreens" projected into an area above the bridge using DMN transfer to get blending modes, a free plug-in. All the bluescreen shots were comped from 16mm film with Ultimatte. (No, Spectramatte does not even come close, let...

Posted to Avid Product Feature Requests (Forum) by David Yardley on Thu, Jul 24 2014

Re: "reveal file " mapping on keyboard

Hi Andrew, then i am doing something wrong. Ok here are the steps i take. 1. reveal file stand in the 10nth list of the bin hamburg , when you execute it with the right mouse, correct ? i mean there is no other place i can select this command from , because on my machin this always goes dirce to the finde. 2. i open command palette and keyboard 3. in...

Posted to Avid Product Feature Requests (Forum) by Peter Lund on Thu, Jul 24 2014

Re: It´s not 1995 anymore.

Hi Andrew, i tested the workaround, but maybe i am doing something wrong. 1. I have a Text Layer and oi apply AvidFX 2. i go to Avidfx 3. i apply the blur and it´s bluring forground and background together? same happens if i just apply the "add", it applies it to both FG and BG. Where can i select only the forground??? Can you help me...

Posted to Avid Product Feature Requests (Forum) by Peter Lund on Thu, Jul 24 2014

Can't AMA ProRes QT files

I am working on a project trying to AMA QT ProRes files (from FCP). It used to work last time we did that (about 2 years ago... Was it with 6.5?) but now it does not. Here is the error message: ----- AMA Link To File(s) ------ The movie contains video track with more than one video image description.Forcing sample provider mode for video. Appropriate...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Mack Truck on Thu, Jul 24 2014

Avid community help center

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller