Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Avid Connect—An Awe-Inspiring Experience I Would Not Want to Miss

posted by Avid Blogs on Fri, Feb 05 2016

The article Avid Connect—An Awe-Inspiring Experience I Would Not Want to Miss by Derek Heimlich appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Get Started Fast with NewBlue Titler Pro for Media Composer—Episode 4

posted by Avid Blogs on Thu, Feb 04 2016

The article Get Started Fast with NewBlue Titler Pro for Media Composer—Episode 4 by Kevin P McAuliffe appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Most Recent Postings

"Segmentation fault" occurs during color grading

Hi I'm relatively new to Avid and have run into some trouble in my most recent project when trying to color grade. Color Correction will occasionally not react, and when I continuously try to make it work, I will eventually get the famous error message; "segmentation fault in thread mainthread at address 0x0". Though things work alright...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by ulrikhvid@gmail.com on Mon, Feb 08 2016

Re: Media composer 8.5 trim issues

No hardware attched. I experience the issue also when I connect my MacBook pro to a 27 Thunderbolt display.

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by ionchalk on Mon, Feb 08 2016

Re: Matrox dropping Media Composer support going forward?

[quote user="Eduardo Serrano"] Mjolnarn has been a captain defending matrox as far as I rememeber. [/quote] Well , I´m just telling what I do see myself , I can play out hours and hours of delayed livestream direct out through a Matrox Mini connected to a Matrox Monarch , what do you want me to say , should I lie and say that it doesn´t...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by mjolnarn on Mon, Feb 08 2016

Canon MXF workflow

I am bring footage (1920X1080, 50 Mbps) from a Canon XF105 to MC 6.5. I don't want it to be AMA linked I want the files on local storage. So, to import the footage to MC is there any differance or advantage to AMA link them and then transcode vs using a third party converter to convert from MXF to DNxHD and then importing that. Or even a better...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by Monique Chia on Mon, Feb 08 2016

Re: Matrox dropping Media Composer support going forward?

Here we go again. Matrox has had a great start on 5.5. It was fast, stable, kind of like using an Avid Hardware. Then came open IO and Matrox track record is lacking at least. I have one taking dust here only to check the colors once in a while. Performance has improved from 8.3 on but it's no way good when editing, working with the trim tool etc...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Eduardo Serrano on Mon, Feb 08 2016

Avid community help center

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller