Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Master the Art of Music Creation: Electronic Dance Music (Part 3)

posted by Avid Blogs on Fri, Oct 17 2014

The article Master the Art of Music Creation: Electronic Dance Music (Part 3) by Greg Stryke Chin appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Sketching in Sibelius 7.5: From Sketch to Score

posted by Avid Blogs on Thu, Oct 16 2014

The article Sketching in Sibelius 7.5: From Sketch to Score by John Hinchey appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Most Recent Postings

Re: MC 6.5.4.2 and Mavericks 10.9.5

[quote user="Ghoulardi57"] Anybody run these two yet? I know there is no authorization yet from Avid, jst wondering if any users out there have experiences. My iMac is in the shop and have been told it was upgraded from 10.9.4 to .5 without me knowing. Fingers crosseed! [/quote] Yes, I use this config on my old MacBookPro mid 2009 with Core2duo...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Alexey on Mon, Oct 20 2014

Sapphire plugins

Anyone know where there's a Genarts Sapphire forum. I've searched the net and can't seem to find one. Unless it's ok to discuss here.

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by bmfwalton on Mon, Oct 20 2014

Re: Avid Autosync Difficulty

I'd try fresh user settings. The options at the bottom of the Sutosync dialogue should control that but you have to tick the top box to include the camera audio and I'm not sure you can not end up with the external audio added.

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Pat Horridge on Mon, Oct 20 2014

Re: Avid Autosync Difficulty

I set an in point on the video clip and an in point on the external audio clip as the sync point. Then go to Autosync > sync by in points. I don't check any of the other boxes in the dialogue box. And still the synced clip retains the camera audio and doesn't attach the external audio...really not sure why this is the case. As far as version...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by eewisco on Mon, Oct 20 2014

Address 0x0 error on DNx Alexa workflow with Media Composer 8.1

Hello, This is probably a simple issue, but I could not find a discussion anywere. I am working on a project that was shot on ArriRAW, with MXFs for offline editorial. I have installed the most recent Alexa AMA Plug-in (v1.5), but when I try to link the files, I get the dreaded "Segmentation Fault" in thread "MainThread", at address...

Posted to Film and 24p (Forum) by Nokturnnia on Mon, Oct 20 2014

Avid community help center

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller