Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Tutorial Thursday: How To Use Dynamic Media Folders in Avid Media Composer Software

posted by Avid Blogs on Thu, Nov 20 2014

The article Tutorial Thursday: How To Use Dynamic Media Folders in Avid Media Composer Software by Phill Naylor appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Filmmaking: Follow the Path of Oscar® Winning Editor Mark Sanger

posted by Avid Blogs on Wed, Nov 19 2014

The article Filmmaking: Follow the Path of Oscar® Winning Editor Mark Sanger by Vanessa El Mir appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Most Recent Postings

Re: New Blue Titler 3 - bugs and feature requests

There is an antialiasing step that's added during the render that isn't there during preview when you're working with the Titler interface. I think it does something like generate the title at 2x or 4x the project resolution then scale it down to your project resolution. So that will slow down the rendering a bit. There's also a motion...

Posted to Complete Your Suite (Forum) by Marcus Johnson on Mon, Nov 24 2014

Re: Media Composer | Software -- Release 8.2 Available!

Sorry to be a little thick here... So I need to install New Blue Titler 1 & 2 for Media composer 8.2.0.35085 to work again?

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Patrick Shaughnessy on Mon, Nov 24 2014

Re: Color Correction Questions

I would suggest the following. Assuming two big points here: 1. Your final delivery is for a broadcast source. 2. You are making judgements on a broadcast monitor fed via an IO such as Avid DX or AJA or Blackmagic (there are also others). If those are true, then let nothing be darker than 16 and nothing brighter than 235. This will keep the colors legal...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by jef on Mon, Nov 24 2014

Re: De-Activation through phone support?

Only remember to call DURING REGULAR business hours....

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by drjonfrockit on Mon, Nov 24 2014

Re: AMA linking to Sony PXW-X70 not happening

From the release info thread found here Support of Media Composer | Software v7.0.4, v8.1 and v8.2 . ans These plug-ins for Mac and Windows come with official support for Media Composer v8.1 and v8.2. Also these plug come-ins come with support for the PXW-X70 XAVC Long MXF format. So I would not be sure it is compatible with your profiles 6.5.4's...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by AndrewAction on Mon, Nov 24 2014

Avid community help center

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller