Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Set in Motion Professional Relationships to Last a Lifetime at Avid Connect 2015

posted by Avid Blogs on Tue, Mar 03 2015

Well just one of the cool things about Avid Connect, an event crafted by your colleagues, is that everyone attending shares similar interests as you; whether it be editing independent films or well-known features, mixing audio tracks or composing scores... (read more)

Visualizer 2 Audio Analysis by NUGEN Audio Now Available for Pro Tools | HDX

posted by Avid Blogs on Fri, Feb 27 2015

In addition to full Pro Tools | HDX support, Visualizer now features a powerful new user interface with many highly requested features based on the latest techniques for comparative audio analysis and usability. The article Visualizer 2 Audio Analysis... (read more)

Most Recent Postings

Sluggish Audio Scrubbing

I recently upgraded to MC 7.0.4 from Media Composer version 4.0.1. I've had a mostly smooth adjustment. The biggest problem I've encountered is moving clips around in red segment mode while audio scrubbing is on. Performance is sluggish and my movements become imprecise as a result. And when I finally set the clip where I want it, it jumps around...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by funckdren on Wed, Mar 04 2015

Re: SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT AGAIN

I dont think we are going to get an answer... But it would be nice if I knew why my Avid was a nightmare to use for over a year.

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by QuietEyes on Wed, Mar 04 2015

Need Help! Custom audio outputs

Hello, In FCP7 when finished an edit I need to send the audio to the post audio house. I do so by splitting the audio into 2 outputs 1 for production audio and vo and the 2nd for sfx and music. I can go to sequence settings, then audio and change it to dual mono allowing me the ability to send my audio to 2 outputs. Then on the timeline I can send my...

Posted to Get Started Fast (Forum) by swnp on Wed, Mar 04 2015

Re: HELP! Audio Outputs

Yep. Best way to learn is to fail at it ten times, which is how I learned it ;)

Posted to Get Started Fast (Forum) by Pixel Monkey on Wed, Mar 04 2015

need help with export to youtube / vimeo

Hi I have a big problem i need to upload a movie i did for a customer to youtube or vimeo and i have I tried all the seting you can find online and non of them works here is my flow , edit on ver 8.0 video come from a HPX-500 PAL from a P2 card FUll HD on avid look fine i then export to QT Reference and then open my Sorenson Squeeze ver 10 pro and expot...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by daryl5 on Wed, Mar 04 2015

Avid community help center

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller