Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Filmmaking: How to Use 120 fps iPhone 5s Footage in Media Composer | Software

posted by Avid Blogs on Thu, Aug 28 2014

The article Filmmaking: How to Use 120 fps iPhone 5s Footage in Media Composer | Software by Ryan Hardison appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

On Tour with Massive Attack: It Was the Best of Gigs, It Was the Maddest of Gigs

posted by Avid Blogs on Wed, Aug 27 2014

The article On Tour with Massive Attack: It Was the Best of Gigs, It Was the Maddest of Gigs by Robb Allan appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Most Recent Postings

Re: New MacBook with best hardware for Avid long term ?

[quote user="nahbi"] 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina 2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage Intel Iris Pro Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory Approx. $3000 Is this suitable/Avid compatible ?[/quote] 16 GB of memory, a nvidia video card and a...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Rinze Schuurman on Tue, Sep 02 2014

Re: Software only mode

I think the order you install is important. You need MC installed first or the BM driver installer won't add the Avid specific driver element. If you re-install the BM driver (and make sure it's one that states it supports yourt MC version) it should install the extra software.

Posted to Avid Symphony (Forum) by Pat Horridge on Tue, Sep 02 2014

Re: Does anyone know how to delete this plug inn? BF Classic Comp

The name MC displays isn't always the actual plugin name so that makes it harder to locate!

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Pat Horridge on Tue, Sep 02 2014

Re: Moving a clip with the + or - keys

FWIW on the default KB setup you can nudge clips 1 or 10 frames forward or back with the M , . / keys

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by AndrewAction on Tue, Sep 02 2014

Re: New MacBook with best hardware for Avid long term ?

[quote user="nahbi"] For example, if I pick out the seemingly most high end laptop on the Apple page, here's what you get: 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina 2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz (Within Avid specs) 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM (Within Avid specs) 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage (The question pertaining to the...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Tiger_XP on Tue, Sep 02 2014

Avid community help center

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller