Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Editor Jim Page Gave Low-Budget Fantasy Film ‘Arthur and Merlin’ the Epic Feel It Deserved

posted by Avid Blogs on Tue, Mar 01 2016

The article Editor Jim Page Gave Low-Budget Fantasy Film ‘Arthur and Merlin’ the Epic Feel It Deserved by Jim Page appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read... (read more)

CABSAT 2016—MENA Market Demands More Content Creation

posted by Avid Blogs on Mon, Feb 29 2016

The article CABSAT 2016—MENA Market Demands More Content Creation by Vanessa El Mir appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Filed under:

Most Recent Postings

Slip mode freezes Avid

Since upgrading to MC8 I can no longer go in to slip mode. As soon as I lasso a segment in the timeline, an "AVID Not Responding" error appears and the application freezes. This happens every time and with every upgrade and so far lassoing is the only operation that causes the error. Any ideas for a fix? The slip edit is indispensable. Thanks...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by markyramone on Sun, May 01 2016

Re: Sony AVCHD 30P Footage links and imports as INTERLACED ?

This has always been the case with all forms of AVCHD, though I wish they adjust the plugin so it gets interpreted properly - like almost any other software that works with AVCHD. My procedure is - enable the "Field Motion" column in the bin. Then, select all your clips, change one to "Progressive," and they'll all change. Edit...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by usatraveler on Sun, May 01 2016

weird single/dual source-record monitor issue

Hello peoples! Maybe someone can help me. Whenever i open a project in my media composer it has by default only one big composer window. If i want the source/record monitor thing i have to chose the show dual monitor. If i close and re open the project its on the one big composer window again. I change it manual (show dual monitor option) and if i go...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by dazkarieh on Sun, May 01 2016

Re: Win10 and latest Avid

Hello Evan, [quote user="Evan2001"]Also does Win10 home or Pro matter?[/quote] Media Composer requires Win 10 64-bit Pro and Enterprise version. Regards, Ralph

Posted to Avid Symphony (Forum) by RalphC on Sun, May 01 2016

Re: 4K ProRes 4444 mixdown option

Off course thankyou

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by editor14 on Sun, May 01 2016

Avid community help center

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller