Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Mark Day Talks an Intelligent Cut on Ex Machina

posted by Avid Blogs on Thu, Jan 29 2015

Learn about the highly esteemed film and television editor Mark Day, his work on Ex Machina and why after using Avid for the first time, he never looked back. The article Mark Day Talks an Intelligent Cut on Ex Machina by Keri Middleton appeared first... (read more)

NAMM 2015: Connecting Music Publishers to Customers with Sibelius | Cloud Publishing

posted by Avid Blogs on Sat, Jan 24 2015

Whether you’re new to the Sibelius family or a veteran customer, you’ll want to visit Avid at NAMM 2015 to get hands-on experience with the latest music notation solutions. The article NAMM 2015: Connecting Music Publishers to Customers with Sibelius... (read more)

Most Recent Postings

Extracting Pulldown from a Completed Project

First, let me say I know this is a bit of fools errand, but I'd like to do it. I cut a documentary that was shot 24fps inside 29.97. I can't remember (maybe this is my first question) what this is called, but what I'm trying to say is my clips and sequences were at 29.97, but there is a 24fps pulldown - six frames are duplicated every second...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Martin in Chicago on Fri, Jan 30 2015

Re: MC 8.03 relink AMA

the sequence + select CLIPSrelink works for me in 8.03 - didnt do it right. the taperenaming does NOT work but shouldnt it be much easier...if i have a sequence containing of XY clips from YZ bins that would be a lot to select... eric did you try if it works with tapename in 8.03?

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by le_k on Fri, Jan 30 2015

Re: Application Manager problems

As per my original post, I've just done a clean install and now it's not working whereas before it was!

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Finbo on Fri, Jan 30 2015

Re: weird P2 AMA behavior on old avid MC 5.5

hi gregg, here are the links in the "right order": p2_ve2.4.1: https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/M6AiA7Ci p2_ve2.6: https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/EcACAHwa p2_ve2.5: https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/YAgCAOWD always only one line necessary. che

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by chepal on Fri, Jan 30 2015

Re: Application Manager problems

This also happended to me the continual syncing. May be java related? (BG transcode was also not working) Had to do clean install of yosemite and MC to fix, sorrry.

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by SteveK on Fri, Jan 30 2015

Avid community help center

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller