Featured Tip

Optimize Pro Tools: Set Default Plugins  — posted by therecordingrevolution

When you start working in Pro Tools for any length of time you'll most likely...

Featured Tutorial

Animating in Marquee & the Hidden Animation Graph  — posted by wlidston

Avid Marquee is capable of easy 2D and 3D animation, but it might not be obvious...

Featured Forum

Getting Started with Media Composer

Most Recent Blog Entries

Media Composer Software Updates Professional Features for Creative Editorial

posted by Avid Blogs on Wed, Jul 30 2014

The article Media Composer Software Updates Professional Features for Creative Editorial by Wim Van den Broeck appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Filmmaking: #BadAss Meets #PostChat

posted by Avid Blogs on Tue, Jul 29 2014

The article Filmmaking: #BadAss Meets #PostChat by Adam Kranitz appeared first on Avid Blogs - The media industry is changing fast. Get the insight you need to succeed—read Avid Blogs. . Read More... (read more)

Most Recent Postings

Re: 8.1 - thats it?

I must admit I just did and uploaded a review of the new features and they are pretty cool: https://vimeo.com/102119060 During testing very significant improvemetns were reported in the open IO responsiveness across the board. But make sure you have the right drivers installed etc.

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Pat Horridge on Thu, Jul 31 2014

Re: Connecting to Douglas with your favourite "social media" Application

[quote user="Mark"] driving a Prius to one's private jet. [/quote] what is the connection between a Prius and Media Composer? I am driving in my second Prius for more than 7 years and still working with MC 5.04 and do not have a private jet. Anyone willing to change my Prius for a jet? Peter

Posted to General Discussion & Off-Topic (Forum) by Peter Beek on Thu, Jul 31 2014

Re: New features coming in 2Q 2014 - Okay, I am ready :)

[quote user="cuervo"] Your point is certainly valid. Perhaps Avid has no financial need to keep MC on the bleeding edge. [/quote] Funny I read this just now. We are a big Avid facily/broadcast network. You'd think that we would be the last to ditch Avid, given all our investment in ISIS/Interplay/etc.. Today our lead promo producer came...

Posted to Avid Media Composer - PC (Forum) by tfg on Thu, Jul 31 2014

Re: 8.1 - thats it?

'Mute clips' and 'drag duplicate' are very welcome additions. I look forward to using them in roughly 2 years when the facilities in Soho decide to upgrade.

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Nnata on Thu, Jul 31 2014

Re: Media Composer | Software Update (8.1) is Now Available!

Here's a short review of the new features: http://vimeo.com/102119060 Enjoy

Posted to Avid Media Composer - Mac (Forum) by Pat Horridge on Thu, Jul 31 2014

Avid community help center

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller